Am I being ridiculous?

So basically I met this kid when I was out like 2 weeks ago. He asked for my number and we started texting. He would always initiate. He also added me on Facebook like 2 days after we met. Anyway, its been almost a week and I hadn't heard from him so today I decided to text him. He has yet to respond. Is it bad I don't wanna talk to him anymore? lol I'm just super annoyed and I feel like cutting him off. I'm aware its only been a few hours but when we talked daily he responded fairly quickly so I don't know what he's waiting for. I guess maybe I'm not into chasing guys too much and maybe him not texting for a week was the hint he was no longer interested. Anyway am I overanalyzing too much? (probs yes but just looking for more insight) I mean, if I knew for sure the guy liked me and was still interested I wouldn't be so annoyed but I feel like this stage is like a trial stage and if I'm annoyed already then what's the point in continuing to care?

also do you think I should move on? (as in deleting his number and unfriending him?)

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should keep him as friend and keep his number just in case he texts you in the future. I get weird texts from people I deleted from my phone and I forget who they are if they text me like weeks and monthes later. I don't blame you for being annoyed. I feel if he doesn't respond back to your text with in a couple of days. Then I guess it's fair for you to move on and forget about it if he has been texting you frequently. Maybe something bad happened. You never know.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're being a little bit hasty. He might have had a really busy day, he could be ill, his phone might not be working properly plus many more other reasons. Send him a message on Facebook in a couple of days, then if he doesn't reply a week from today write him off and move on.
    It's not a bad thing to move on so quickly if you're not all that interested in the guy. But if he was nice enough and you like him give it a bit longer.
    Best of luck and I'm sure you'll do what's best for you :)