Girls what do you think of this response?

I got this text from a friend and I wanted to know if I responded OK to her text.

Her: Everything is just adding up. I'm broke, I'm scared to be homeless again, I hate my job, my relationship isn't that good right now, I almost never eat anymore because I don't have time. I'm just slipping into a really bad depression fast.

Me: I know your going through a really hard time right now, but you have to hang in there! You have big things in-store for you , everything will start to turn around. Your a good person and good things happen to good people. :)

She didn't respond back. We were texting about it back and forth for a while before she sent that.

Do you think that was a good response?

Why wouldn't she text back?

Most Helpful Girl

• That was a good response. Its hard for people to look up and see the bright side, when every thing is a total wreck in their lives. It is good she has you there to remind her that everything will be okay. Although she can't see it now, she will get out of the dark cave she is in, she just needs to be more patient. Things come in time.

She probably didn't text you back because she is still warped up in her own thoughts.

Maybe you should send her another text saying "Feel better <33 I am here for you."

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, I thought your text was great, and very sweet. But it may not have been what she wanted to hear. I don't know if you knew this or not, but girls are into the drama thing... (understatement of the year). What she probably wanted was sympathy or you telling her you wish you could go give her money and make all her troubles go away, not a pep talk telling her to wait for something good to happen, because she's strong. Chances are, that's her way of flirting, or a way to flatter herself. Making herself seem helpless so you will rush in and save her. I don't mean to be mean to the girl, but I have seen many girls do this to guys. Maybe her situation is as bad as she says, and it may very well be, but what was her point in telling you about it if you can't do anything to help her? She could have just told her closest girl friend who is probably closer than you are to her.

• If you know the answer to that last question Please tell me! Because I have no clue?

• I believe that's what's known as a 'rhetoric', QA

• Yes , it is a sweet message .. but maybe she expected a call or something :) .. sometimes, when I text my boyfriend and he would reply via text , I get annoyed because I expected a call, and I don't reply anymore .. :)

• Maybe she didn't know what to say?

Maybe she got busy?

Maybe she found time to eat?

• Aw that was a very nice response! I wouldn't worry about her not responding.

• I would text back I really don't see anything wrong with your answer because most people really aren't good at responding to stuff like that I would say it was acceptable for a response

What Guys Said 3

• You said good things =] I'd give her another text saying 'Are you okay?', and leave it at that. I expect something came up, she sounds like the kind of person who'd have things come up, but it'll let her know you're *worried*. If you do that I predict her response would be of the 'Hey sorry I...' variety, which is a much better thing than you may imagine, if you're worried about them.

But, that's me, like, I'D be worried. You might not be worried about her. In which case, you don't need anything to quell your worries, thus, that'd be unnecissary.

Buuuuut it does seem like she's laying something, I'll point out. I believe she's certainly being genuine, but I think she wants to bring you somewhere, if you get me. I'm not necissarily saying she wants to suck your d***, but I think she definitely wants you closer to her, and your response was basically doing as much as you could as you are now, as opposed to exciting new affections. If you want to go above and beyond a bit to pander to this, call her under the pretense that you're worried - as opposed to being actually worried - and speak to her for a bit. Don't think too much about that, though.

• Let her know that people still care about her and life goes on no matter what.

The only thing that is going to get her through this is keeping a good attitude, good thoughts, and good friends.

Even though she has many reasons to get down and depressed, she has a lot of good reasons to be happy and smile!

Tell her to keep smiling!

You did really good though :)

• you make an excellent emotional tampon. great job!

• Don't hate because your horrible with women!

• you're so great with them, that this one didn't respond back, lol

• She got back to me the next morning. :P