Why would a girl rather be around a guy that is angry all the time than a guy that has no family?

This girl I was seeing ditched me on my birthday last year to sleep with another guy. When I told her I had enough and wanted to end this she told me that she wanted to be with that other guy anyway and was going to dump me that week. She said that she didn't want to be with a guy that didn't have any family around for his birthday or Christmas. The new guy is one of these angry types. He put her in the hospital last month after he had one of his fits of rage. I don't understand what I did wrong. I used to wake up before her everyday and make her breakfast. How come me not having a family is a worst option than a guy that will put a girl in the hospital?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a feeling that by saying she disliked that you have no family was just an excuse to break things off, because it seems like a pretty ridiculous reason to dump you for a guy like that. Now, as to the guy she is with, I can only come up with two options and it could be either one or a mixture of the two. One being that it may be self-sabotage without really knowing. I've known plenty of girls who have done this and sabotaged themselves when they have something good going for them because of problems they have had in the past or on a subconscious level they don't feel they deserve being treated well and tend to choose the guy who treats them poorly. Once again, they are often not even aware of this sabotage when they are doing or often blind themselves to what is going and try to justify the way the guy treated them in her mind, even if when it comes right down to it, it can't be justified. They will try though.

Two, is that sometimes girls stay on with the guy because of a sense of hero syndrome. They can't let go because they think they can fix the person they are with, and this is also something they may not be aware of and often deny it even when everyone else can clearly see that. So it is a sense of sacrificing themselves in hopes they can fix the other person for the better, even if it is impossible and the other person will often take advantage of people like this.

I don't know the girl, so I really can't determine her personality type and assess why she makes her decisions since I can only answer according to the information you've provided. However, those are my theories for why she would allow herself to remain in an abusive situation and also her petty reason for breaking things off, because I honestly don't think it was just a lack of a family that drove her away so much as an excuse to continue with the other guy for the reasons listed above.

What Girls Said 3

• That kind of girl just didn't appreciate things you did for her.

And the reason she ditched you is lame, if it's true. Sounds like

very lame excuse, Christmas and Birthday are just ONCE A YEAR.

Real good girlfriend would invite you to celebrate with her family,

understanding that you don't have one and she would make you

feel like you do.

• Personally, id rather go out with someone who has no family than someone who'd put me in hospital but you can't help who you fall for. Maybe she thought you might get too clingy or want to spend all christmas and stuff with her-she might not be ready for that.

• the answer is obvious... she is just plain out stupid... I'm sorry for being so blunt but she sounds like a stupid ass... maybe she has some issues of her own that she needs to work out... the guy is probably brain washing her she just sounds no good... I know you care about her but if tht is the life she wants to live then there really isn;t anything you can do to help if she doesn;t wanna be helped...

What Guys Said 2

• Count your blessings, man. The kind of man you sound like is much too good for a woman like that, who would dump you on your birthday of all days to be with another guy. As stated, her reasons for ending it with you are very irrational, but can't match the irrationality of her actions - especially enduring violence at the hands of a domestic abuser instead of being with a caring person such as yourself. That's unfortunate for her, but it's the situation she put herself in and apparently continues to stay in. It's her loss, be proud of who you are, because when the right girl comes along, she WILL appreciate you.

• because she is f***ed in the head bro. Don't worry about it, you are the bigger person in this scenario. Good luck my man.