Have you ever sent a message to the wrong person?

If so, what did it say? When did you realize or discover? Did you recover the situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea I accidentally did it twice..

the first time I texted my dad asking him if he could pick me up a soda and he texted back what? So I said dr pepper. Then he said you want me to bring you dr pepper? Then I realized it was my boyfriends dad who lives in amother state lol. I had my boyfriend call and explain that he's in there as dad and my dads in there as Phil and I did it on accident lol.

Another time I was playing a game and wasbt really paying attention to much else and my uncle texted asking me something and I answered then once again my boyfriends dad texted and I was sitting there texting with him instead of my uncle.. I felt really really dumb because that was the second time within weeks I did that and I don't even really know him.

I once again had my boyfriend call and explain the situation. God I felt so dumb at least now I double check who I'm talking to.

Atleast I didn't say anything embarrassing lol

What Girls Said 7

• I said "I love you" to this guy when I was drunk when I meant to send it to my ex at the time. It was really awkward to explain to him that it wasn't for him because he kind of confessed his love then too... Oh and I found out that sent it to the wrong person the next day after I woke up with a hangover.

• i sent a message to the wrong person a couple times when I'm tired on fb there are 2 people with the exact same name first and last...one is a bo and one is a girl the first name is mackenzie and I was trying to ask the boy mackenzie if he liked me and that I thought he was cute but I refered to him as you are cute so it didn't make it seem like I was talking to a boy and I accidently sent it to the girl it was very embarrassing I knew the next day because people were asking me if I was lesbian or bisexual and I was confused so I asked why everyone kept asking me that and I got the message back so it was very embarrassing

• omg yes a couple times... =.= but I always makesomething up like oh sorry my phone put a diff word lol I make up stuff but I'm more careful now.

• Yes I have and I simply respond with sorry.

• yeah several times

it's more of a "sh*t sh*t sh*t...oh well" situation.

• yup and it was highly awkward.

• Yeah, mostly sexual stuff. I just told the person I sent to on accident that someone stole my phone.

What Guys Said 1

• I've texted the wrong person before, but they were really cool about it. Got the phone number wrong by one digit.

• That's happened to me.

Even after I told her she got the wrong person, she texted me three more times.