Why are men intimidated of me?

Hey everyone I need advice. I'm 21, 5'0, Puerto Rican, in the military, & pretty with a good heart. I don't understand why men are intimidated of me. Most of the males & guys I have dated all told me when they first saw me they where intimidated of me, scared to approach me or even be friends with me. I don't understand why. Is it because I'm in the Air Force they think I'm mean? am I really pretty that they get scared and don't know how to approach me? I just don't know what it is? I feel like all men that come across my path feel this way and I'm never going to find good man if they all are intimidated of me.Guys please help me out I really would appreciate it! Thanks!

How do you add your picture on here?
Okay here's a picture of me

link

Lol thanks...maybe it's me being in the Air Force?
Lol thanks MissNicole! finally someone understands me! especially a woman! I feel so much better now thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it! :)
Awwww thanks I really appreciate it :) I know what you mean though!

do you have myspace or facebook that I can write to you on because your really giving me great advise.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its the marines that have the rep for being mean, the air force have an entirely different rep altogether ;) I'm prior army, and faced the same thing as well as saw others go through this. I've always been the sweet bouncy giddy type, and could never understand what it was about me that could possibly intimidate a guy. Well, part of it is my height, I am tall...but the bigger factor was that add the physical training to my body which is already naturally muscular, and well..guys admitted they were afraid if we dated and I got mad I could kick their butt. I hated that.

For other girls, they had the military leadership qualities that even though they were very sweet, could step in and take charge of a situation, using her voice and actions in a way that would make the troop pop to it...and not really realize they bring that same thing to thier personal life at times, which can intimidate a guy no matter what her size or build.

Btw, I joke with my friends who are around your height that we give off the wrong impressions, with them looking small and meek, and me tall and fierce...when in fact with our personalities, they are little firecrackers, and I'm just a big ol defenseless pole ;)

• Omgosh, I just now looked at your pic, you're beautiful! Yeah, it could be that too. I don't knwo what it is about the military and military towns, but really attractive women are far and few between... Plus the guys, military and civilan alike, are so used to seeing women "soldiered up" that when they see a woman actually look like an honest to goodness woman during her off duty hours, they freeze up. lol

• I do but I'm hardly on it...I wanna keep my anonymity on here too! ;) You can send a message to me on here anytime though! =D

What Guys Said 4

• Are you talking to me, about great advice? If so, no, the best way to contact me is by YIM. My ID there is the same as here. so is my email.

• ok, you're pretty but not scary pretty. It is probably something else.

• just host it somewhere and put up a link

• haven't seen your pic, so I can't really say if you are that scary pretty or not.

What Girls Said 2

• Awe no problem at all :) I have to say though, being military can come in handy at times. I've been out since 97, but it makes no difference..when I say I'm prior army, the first thing that comes to a guys mind is that I have weapon and combat training...so if I come across a guy I want nothing to do with, I find a way to slip my service time into the conversation and respond to anything he says with my most serious "dont mess with me, I've had a bad day" expression. It really does make a guy think twice...Works like a charm! ;)

• you're gorgeous and in the military. they probably think you're already taken or you won't take any crap from them

• Thank you :) But I've come to find out they usually ask my friends about me & even if my friends tell them to say hello to me I'm a very kinda and sweet hearted person some still don't say hello I have to eventually tell them Hi lol. I guess being pretty has it's goods an bads