Do all girls have to constantly text their boyfriend?

Because that's the one thing I usually hate the most about whatever girl I'm with, they constantly need to text if it were up to me we'd text occasionally just seeing my girl on most days is enough for me I don't need to know what she's doing every second. Are there any girls who are more like me? lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't really text much, not even with my best friend. I'd prefer calling or seeing someone in person. Texting, to me, is a way to get immediate info or send over a few sweet words. It's pretty rare for me to have long, drawn out conversations through texts, and if I do it's normally with someone who isn't bothered if I don't answer right away. And yeah, I'd get annoyed with someone texting me 24/7 too.

Don't worry, there are girls out there who totally understand and feel the same way you do. I think it's just that constant texting is almost expected these days, so even if people don't particularly want to they think the other person expects it and so they do it anyway, especially in a new relationship. You can always tell the girls you date that texting really isn't your thing, and that you'd rather call them and talk or see them in person for most things. If you phrase it the right way I think they'll be cool with it.

What Girls Said 8

• I rarely text my partner (in fact, I rarely text anyone at all). For the most part, I only text him if I need to ask him a question, want him to pick something up on his way home from work, want to ask him if he wants to do something later, etc. It's usually straight to the point; I don't really do text "conversations" (i.e. continuous texting back and forth). If I need to talk about something more in depth, I'll call him.

• Also, I don't care if he immediately texts me back or not. I figure if he doesn't get back to me right away, he's probably busy.

• way to be lol

• I like a text a day. I'd love more, but I'm fine with one. Especially if we were seeing each other regularly. Unfortunately I'm long distance currently and we don't always text every day and if we do it's once or twice. It was hard for me to do because I miss him so much, but I think for girls who text constantly it's often a confidence thing. I dunno, maybe they're worried that if they don't pay enough attention something will happen, or maybe it's that they need to be constantly reassured that you're still interested etc. It gets easier once the relationship has been going for a while where trust and love take over and you don't need to have attention or contact with the person 24/7. That's my guess, at least :P

• I almost never text with my boyfriend, most of our communication is face to face and we really only use texts or Facebook messages to set up dates. If we can't see each other for a while (maybe a week) then we will send each other a couple messages here or there. Its not unusual for us to go a couple days without any contact.

I need a certain amount of me time, and so does he.

• I don't text my boyfriend constantly but I do like to talk to him at least once a day. We usually send each other a few texts throughout the day but nothing excessive I think. I know some guys who will text a girl constantly too and they drive me nuts!

• My boyfriend gets busy and I know that when he's with the guys, he's less likely to respond and as I often suck at text conversations, I find it fine to do only a few texts in a day, not 24 hours.

• girls are different from boys~~~~~To a girl,her boyfriend is her whole world ,but to a boy,his girlfriend is a part of his world ~~~~~~~To a girl,her lover is more important than anything ,so ,dont blame,there's very lucky for a boy to have a girl who always constantly text him and put him to first in her heart~~~~~~~I also wanna have a boyfriend who always stays with me and constantly text me ~~~~hahaha~~~~

• I don't wanna be a girls whole world I have a life and so should she, that seems clingy as sh*t lol I just hate being smothered and I don't want my girlfriend to define me, when most people are in relationships everyone and everything they did before is just not important I don't do that that's probably why I'm usually single but I don't even mind being single lol

• Not all girls feel this way. :P

• I kinda agree too...but I would actually prefer for him to call me more than text me. I mean its okay if he texts me to say or ask me quick questions but for everything else(such as a conversation) I would actually prefer for him to give me a call & have a real conversation with me :)

• I don't text my boyfriend, I always wait for him to text first. I don't need constant contact. Like him, I enjoy having space.

• I don't text my boyfriend constantly. He text me more than I text him. Idk..I just like having my space.

What Guys Said 0