Is kissing someone on the cheek a sign of friendship or something else?

What if they caress your hair while doing so?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh if a woman/girl did this to me, it would definitely send me a signal (not to mention a shiver down my spine). Of course caressing my hair alone would do this to me as well, my wife does this to me when she wants to convey comfort, love and acceptance.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is somethink else . . . Lucky you

• I'm hoping for the best! :-D

• If they are caressing (as opposed to tossing it like you woudl do to a child) it's more than a friendship kiss.

• It was definitely caressing.

• what country /culture are we discussing?

What Girls Said 3

• It depends.I kiss my friends on the cheek all the time and I want nothing more than friendship.There are plenty of other things to take into account when trying to figure out whether or not someone likes you...or not.

• my crush still hasn't kissed me yet. to give him a little push, imma reach for his hands and kiss him on the cheek when we say goodbye next time.. pretty sure he won't take it as just a "friendly" gesture .

• I don't think he will either. He's a lucky man!

• It depends. It could signify more than friends or he could just be a big flirt. It depends on your relationship.

• I thought we were just friends. He's pretty shy so it really caught me off guard and started me thinking more about it.