Is it okay to text the guy first??

There is this guy I like, and he doesn't know that I really kind of like him.

1) should I tell him I like him?

2) Is it alright if I text him first?

3) how do I know if he is into me at all?

thank you!:)

Most Helpful Girl

• you can casually text him, just make sure if you do your not the one always initiating the conversation. guys like when a girl can text them first sometimes

What Guys Said 3

• Trust me, one of the hardest things to tell someone is that you like them because you are scared of rejection. Don't be. You already aren't dating him. You can't be anymore "not dating him". The dumbest thing to do is not try because then you don't even have a chance. One of my girl friends (note the space) was really worried about talking to a boy she liked... matter of fact she still hasn't talked to him about it and it is getting her high-strung around him. The best thing I did was tell my girlfriend (no space) that I liked her and it turned out she liked me back, but it would have been OK even if she hadn't because as soon as I said that, before I even had heard the response, it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I could breath again.

The worst thing he can do is say no and then you aren't in any different position then you were except now you know that you don't have to stress over that anymore. If he says he likes you to then you can start to talk and even date. For most guys it is hard for them to tell a girl they like her as much as it is for you girls to do them same without being sure the other one likes them back.

I say go ahead and talk to him and it is OK if you text him too just make sure not to smother him. Good luck!

• lol you're just like this freshman girl that I talk to every day on fb...she says the same thing every day about being too scared to tell a junior at her school that she likes him.

ill tell her what I tell you. guys hate doing all the work! why don't you women do some of the work in getting relationships :P. I would tell him for sure, but when and how is up to you. personally I would find it extremely cute if a girl just texted me and asked me out straight up. however, I know not all guys are like that, so maybe get to know him a bit or ask around about him.

if he's into you, he will initiate conversation back and flirt. guys tend to be way more obvious at giving signs that theyre interested

• i wouldn't text him, he might think its joke or something. I would to be honest. its happened to me couple of times with girls. I didn't take seriously. I would talk to him in person. I mean could be wrong. the things is how well do you know him? that can make difference.

you could give a text and see what happens. there is really no right or wrong answer for your question. me I would speak to him in person, or call him instead of texting.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's fine! If he likes you, I think he'll center all of his attention around you and make you feel important. Maybe he's busy some of the time, but he'll make special time for you. I vote don't tell him... at least not yet. you should go flirt with him, touch his arm, laugh at his jokes ha ha see how he responds! And if you're being SO obvious, I guess, why not haha. It's such a girl thing to say we like a guy... I wish it was always that easy ha. Good luck!