How old were you when you had your first relationship?

I'm nearly 19 and I Haven't had a boyfriend. All of my friends have boyfriends or have had boyfriends and I feel like the odd one out!

What age did you have your fist proper relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I started dating my first boyfriend when I was 17, until a few months after turning 18. I didn't have another relationship or even date at all until I was 21 and got with my second boyfriend. We were together for a little over 7 months, but broke up 3-ish months ago, and I'm 22 now as of about a week ago. Single and basically hating it, but finally hurting a little bit less.

I know how you feel, and I know it sucks. I also know it's easier said than done, but you need to quit worrying about what your friends have or are doing, and focus on YOU and your goals, independently of your love life. Work on bettering yourself in all aspects of your life, be proud of your accomplishments and who you are, and work on the things you have yet to accomplish. =] And then when a guy does come along, you'll know exactly who you are and what you're looking for, and you'll actually probably be able to handle a relationship much better than all the girls who had to learn and get to know themselves while dating, because so much of their identity is based on who they're with. Who they are as a couple, not who the girl is as a person herself. A lot of the time they have to struggle later on because they didn't have that 'me time' to really figure out who they are or what they do and don't want in a man/relationship. You do you, and a guy WILL come along who digs you and is worth having. =]

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on what one calls a relationship. I am perfectly fine with flirting or petting and a little teasing or whatsoever while puberty, but I have to say that until I found out what I expect from a girl in a "relationship" I figured all that boyfriend/girlfriend stuff kind of ridiculous. That is why I never found a girl that could stand me until I was almost 20.

• 14 years old... it doesn't matter... I think gods busy making a prince charming perfect for you... just have patience.. you'll fall in love!

• I had just turned 18, and it didn't really last long. It's not the first time I called someone my girlfriend, but it was what I consider my first real relationship.

• 19 and not yet either :)

• I had my first girlfriend at 13 but my first proper relationship is the one I'm in now at 20.

• still haven't had mine yet, it sucks

What Girls Said 7

• I had my first "boyfriend" when I was 13, but I put it in quotations because we were both very young and well we werent much of a couple at all. More like best friends. My first proper relationship, to go with your term, was when I was 16. We were together for two and a half years and although we got into arguments and our last moments together werent that great, he was my first love and I cherish what we had :) Currently I have a new boyfriend and things are going just great!

But don't worry! Things will come when its necessary. There's no need to fret at the moment. You're young, just concentrate on getting your life established and well, life works in mysterious ways! I'm sure your boyfriend will come soon!

• I "dated" someone when I was 12 and when I was 14, but I don't count those, even though they lasted for half a year each. Oh, puppy love!

My first proper relationship was when I was 16. We dated for 2.5 years. He was my first love, and I still think about him sometimes, but never in a romantic way. We haven't talked since we broke up, so I'm just wondering what he's up to and if he ever went off to do what he was passionate about.

I've had a few flings since then but no relationship.

• I had my first "official" relationship back in 7th grade...That lasted a week. So I'm not sure if that even counts. The next one lasted for about five months.

• I'll let you know when it happens.

• This year at age 18. It only lasted like a month, sugar take your time and find someone that is worth your while.

• 15. Wayyyyy too young.

• 20