• Ask
  • myTake

Should I answer to his text? HELP!

So yesterday my ex texted me, and I didn't reply back. I want to show him that I am a strong person and that I don't need him. Is that the right way... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Don't do it! Til this day, I feel I was way too nice to my ex throughout the whole breakup/getting over it process. I'd always answer his texts and then I'd feel like an idiot. I think it was his way of checking to see if he still had me or not. Eventually I stopped that nonsense and it really helped me a lot because the ball was in my court again. I know that sounds bad, but after a break up you should be selfish and do what's best for you. Not answering will help you get over it all. Don't answer!

• Awesome! Thanks!!

What Guys Said 1

• I think it depends on how long you have been apart and what the circumstances of the break up were. If it has been a month or so then I think you could text back just to see what's up if you really think it is worth even talking to him. Maybe he wants to apologize for the way the break up went. Ask him what he wants and then respond accordingly. I don't know about you, but I feel that when an ex contacts you after a bad break up, they usually want to say sorry and admit that they were wrong. I wish my most recent ex would at least apologize for how she broke up with me and I see her at our college 4 days a week. I think one day they start to miss you and think maturely about what they did to you and decide if they want to get rid of the guilt they have about it.

What Girls Said 5

• You're doing the right thing. (Wish I had your guts!) You're showing him you don't need him. If you reply he'll just keep thinking he has control over you.

• your doing the right thing I really wish I could do that I just don't have the guts to be like that with my ex even though he put me through a lot...

• i know its been a while since you talked to him but if you text him back especially if he broke up with you. you need to ignore the text if he truly wants to apologize he will call you not text you. let him know its not that easy to get back in your head an step all over you an than think he can text you an get a reply right away.

• For the most part I think you're doing the right thing, but that depends on how long you've been apart. If it's been months then I think it's okay to say something to him, perhaps the time apart has made him realize he wants you or perhaps he's changed his ways. Whatever the case may be you're going about it the right way.