Should I answer to his text? HELP!

So yesterday my ex texted me, and I didn't reply back. I want to show him that I am a strong person and that I don't need him. Is that the right way to go about it? or should I text him but keep it cool? He hurt me soo much and I don't want to keep being nice to him, just so he won't think he got... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do it! Til this day, I feel I was way too nice to my ex throughout the whole breakup/getting over it process. I'd always answer his texts and then I'd feel like an idiot. I think it was his way of checking to see if he still had me or not. Eventually I stopped that nonsense and it really helped me a lot because the ball was in my court again. I know that sounds bad, but after a break up you should be selfish and do what's best for you. Not answering will help you get over it all. Don't answer!

• Awesome! Thanks!!