Talking on the phone or texting? and why?

Since texting is so common now, do you guys prefer to text or talk on the phone? Me and this guy we used to speak on the phone a lot but now all we do is text? Is that bad?

Honestly, I prefer talking on the phone since you guys are capable of holding a conversation. Texting is more of an issue since you wait for the person to respond. Mean while through the phone you ask a question and you can actually tell if the person is nervous or confident of their answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer a phone conversation any day. When I'm on the phone with someone, I feel more connected to him. I can get a sense of his personality and it's nice to hear his voice. I don't have to wait for a response and he won't have time to formulate his response if I ask him an important question.

When I text, it feels so impersonal. I have to wait for a response and you can't discern the person's tone of voice, his laugh and whatever random noises that come out of his mouth. I also dislike texting because you could be texting 5 people at once whereas if you're on the phone, he's only talking to you. Granted, he might be texting someone else while talking or surfing the web, but he's only talking to you and giving you most of his attention.

I've gone on more than 5 dates with someone and we've only texted. Things between us still feel new, like we're still stepping on eggshells and putting out best foot forward. I feel like I can't fully reveal my playful side to him yet because I don't know how he'll respond or if he'll "get it". I like him a lot, but I just don't feel very connected to him yet. On the other hand, I spoke to another guy over the phone before meeting him and the conversation flowed really smoothly. When we met, I felt completely comfortable with him and I felt like I wasn't stepping on eggshells and trying to put my best foot forward. But that date didn't work out, so yeah.

Point is, phone conversations will bring you closer to that person. At least in my experience, it has.

What Guys Said 3

• Definitely talking on the phone. Its cool when a girl texts first, but a call is so much better.

"Mean while through the phone you ask a question and you can actually tell if the person is nervous or confident of their answer."

^^ You already know why talking is better than texting. I would prefer a call over texting any day.

• texting seems impersonal and you cannot fully understand the emotion in the words of a text and it can be perceived in the wrong way. When you are on the phone you can hear their voice and get a response right away and I feel more of a connection with the person when talking on the phone

• True that!

What Girls Said 4

• Talking on the phone :)

• talking over phone! if I really care about the dude.. I waaaay love talking to him.. hearing his voice.. it's muuuuch more personal than a stupid text (not saying I don't text, I just don't text if I'm really into the guy) ... hope I helped :D

• I prefer texting. I don't have to reply right away and I can be busy with other things while texting someone. Although, if I'm talking to someone about something important, then calling is definitely better.

• Talking on the phone beats texting any day.