How do you know if a guy is interested in you or if any guy is interested in you?

By nature I'm shy and reserved, so I don't really pay attention to guys. So now, I'm to the point were I want to know what its like to have someone look only at me and no one else. I want to know what dating is all about and experience it first hand. Can someone please help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only way I knew if a guy was interested in me is if he told me.

In gay culture there is a concept known as "cruising" link it may be used in heterosexual context, I don't know.

But I never could tell if a guy was cruising me. I assumed it never happened.

I'm married to a female now (I'm bi) and she claims that she noticed other women cruising me ("checking you out" was the term she used) but I don't really believe her. I think she's paranoid.

I certainly never noticed such a thing and again I don't believe it ever happened.

So how do you know? You tell me. I'm just as naive it seems.

What Guys Said 1

• If he shows you any attention, assume attraction. It's that simple with guys.

• So a flat out stare means interest? Because I do notice stares but nothing after that.

• He's checking you out... You Return eye contact. Then it's his turn to approach.

What Girls Said 1

• You can usually tell that a guy is interested when he goes out of his way to stand out to you. He can do this by smiling at you, approaching you, etc. If he takes the time to get to know you and to talk to you as well as do it while flirting then chances are he's interested.