Am I being inflexible?

My boyfriend and I have been together about 6 months. We only see each other about twice a week, and sometimes only once a week. In the past he has cancelled or cut short a few dates because something has come up. Whenever this has happened I have always been disappointed and he said that makes him feel guilty.

Anyway, the last couple times he cancelled it was to hang out with friends instead. I got really pissed off because I never cancel on him and I felt he was being disrespectful, and he got really angry with me because I am being inflexible and make him feel bad whenever plans change.

We have made up, but I don't really feel like we resolved anything and I am worried next time he cancels on me we will have a fight again. Am I being inflexible? I know that plans change, but I can't help being disappointed when I don't get to see him... isn't that normal?

What Guys Said 1

• no you are not being inflexible he is being inconsiderate, I'm not sure were you want this relationship to go b ut to me its clear he is not taking it seriouslly enough and is till putting far to many things ahead of you.

What Girls Said 1

• It does seem like he doesn't place nearly as much importance on seeing you as you do with him. Why is it that you don't see each other more often? Are you both busy a lot?

I think he's just trying to make you back off..maybe he's not quite as serious about the relationship as you are. Even twice a week does not seem like enough time to be with someone you really like. Reading that makes me question how much he cares about being with you.

I don't think you're being inflexible, but it may help to back off for a while and see if that helps. 6 months is still pretty early in a relationship, you may find that he just likes to be on his own more than you're used to. But if things don't get better soon I would rethink it.