Do people take a while to respond to messages?

Do you think that online people will read a message and not respond for a while, to avoid looking desperate or overeager?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know I pretty much always respond to my messages right away. Some people wait a while though. It all depends on the individual.

What Guys Said 5

• I think that's possible. I mean people tend to do that with the phone as well. I have someone that seems to do this to me as well, yet she likes me...i don't understand the stupidity honestly

• i think it depends if they are on site.sometimes I just pop on for a moment,and sometimes like tonight, I have this site open on one window, and the "online dating site " in another window.

• I'm usually just busy doing other things. But then again I always put myself up as busy in IM's because of that. ;d

• Not everyone does it.I don't wait.People do this with texting,phone calls and some are just busy.

• yes, I know multiple people who 'match' how long it takes for the other person to respond

What Girls Said 5

• It really depends on the person. Some really are just busy, AFK, secretly online on their mobiles in a meeting... :P Sometimes, you see the message but don't have time for more than a hi back and you don't want the other party to think you're brushing them off...

That's me anyway. I know of people who have those silly "rules".. to avoid looking desperate etc.

• Some people are just legitimately busy. Others just don't want to talk, and not responding is very easy instead of saying, "I don't want to talk." :P

• some might.

• sometimes they aren't even on their computer. Sometimes they are doing something else. And sometimes they just don't respond even after seeing it because they don't want to talk to you atm

• some people do. some are just busy