Does being quiet make things awkward?

say you are hanging out with a guy who at times is quiet but a lot of the time he holds up a good conversation and can make you laugh. When he is quiet how would you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like sharing silence with people :D

i think he is bored or just a quiet person like myself...

but for most people its awkward being quiet and they start being nervous so I just say something stupid :D

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes the quiet moments are the best ones. My boyfriend and I both like to talk and are good at maintaining a conversation between ourselves (or with others), but if he is quiet I know that he's just thinking about something and he may tell me about it later. But I think it's really nice when you can spend time together and know that you don't always have to talk.

• Uncomfortable, perhaps. I'd probably start thinking I did something wrong when it's just his personality. I'm yet to learn that silences don't have to be awkward.

• :) I would feel comfortable with him...he showed me that he is a good person and made me laugh...I would feel comfortable and enjoy his company still.

• No it's not awkward at all.

Just a pause in communication. happens with groups of friends at times too.

• wouldn't be awkward, unless it's awkward for him. but still, if he's good with conversation most of the time, it'd be okay.

• As long as I knew he wasn't mad at me or anything I'd be well in my comfort zone. I like the quiet personally :)

• maybe a little awkward but if.. for the most part we could carry a convo.. it'd be fine..

• I would think he was just having an off day or didn't really feel like talking :).

What Guys Said 1

• Imo...showing comfort in silence show maturity. It's better than saying ANYTHING off the top of your head to break the silence.

Doing that is counter-productive and makes you sound more nervous and immature.