My brain can't think fast enough when he's around. Help?

I don't get super nervous or anything like that, and I can talk to him fine, but I'm normally a really witty person, who is good at witty banter and interesting conversation. However, whenever we're talking, I can't seem to think fast enough to do any of that. Like I saw him briefly yesterday when I went into the place where we both work, and I asked him how it was going, and he said terrible, that he had two exams the next day (today). He had been working that day, and he said that one of our co-workers was going to cover the rest of his shift because he was stupid (he said it in a joking way though). He asked me when I worked, and I told him Thurs, Fri, and Sat, and he smiled and said that he would see me all three days then, and then he said bye. Thinking back to our conversation, I should've said stuff like "you're not stupid" and "good luck with your exams" and "looking forward to it" when he said he'd see me during those three shifts. I figured I could at least ask him how his exams went, the next time I see him.

I don't really know how to be flirty in conversation, and I guess I'm nervous about it, which is why my brain slows to a crawl. I want to ask him stuff about himself to show my interest, I just...forget. I mean, after we talk, I go around grinning like an idiot for about half an hour, and my brain has to re-boot a little bit, haha

I just really like this guy, and I don't want to look back and think that I didn't give a decent effort.

So can anyone offer some suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha, I do the same thing. Walk around looking I've won the lottery when I talk to the guy I'm interested in. And the funny thing is I can usually never really remember what he said because I'm too busy hoping my stupid grin isn't so obvious.

The worst thing you can do is over think it. I know it's easier than done but definitely TRY to just treat him like you would a good friend that you feel comfortable around. Don't dwell on what you didn't say. There'll be other times. It's just nerves. The more you do talk to him, the less worried about it you'll be.

What Guys Said 1

• I honestly don't think that saying those particular lines would have made you look witty or make him like you more. If you two have something between you don't worry so much about it. Just talk as if your talking to anyone else.

What Girls Said 1

• practice. that's all you can do.