Have you ever met up with someone in person that you first met online?

if so how was the experience of meeting up in person?

Was it awkward? what'd you talk about? etc.

well then my next question is

what did you talk about when you first met in person?

Did you try building rapport?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not yet. Planning to this summer, though, if all goes right.

I'm taking the precaution of bringing 4 people with me when I meet him, one of them being a guy. Better safe then sorry.

I'm looking forward to it.

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah, lots of people, actually. Some of the people I've met have been a little strange (so the meeting was a bit awkward), but I haven't had any bad experiences. A number of people I hit it off with right away, and some have become my closest friends.

For example, I met my first serious boyfriend online---he lived in the town over from me, we met up and later started dating (and were together for 5 years).

And when I first moved to the city I live in now, I didn't know anyone. I ended up meeting a girl from a local chatroom and we started to hang out regularly, then we started inviting other people from the chatroom out as well. Now there's a bunch of us that hang out all the time.

• Yep once

No it wasn't awkward, we knew each other for awhile before we decided to meet and basically everything.

I'm definitely not against online dating, at all. I think you tend to get to know someone on a whole different level way beyond just physical attraction.

• Yes I have. My ex and I actually met online then met in person. We went along great then got into a relationship for 2 years. Didn't end well but yeah, it was a good experience and my first online encounter.

• Yes I met one girl at one forum about travel , we met first time in restaurant and then 2 weeks after this we met second time at airport and went together for a trip. We didn't know each other well but went together to Portugal and it was the best holidays I ever had, we plan to go somewhere together this summer too ;) And it was my first and only one meeting with person that I met online

• Met my SO online. Been together for over 10 yrs. ;-)

• Yes

Kinda

Everything :)

• No

• Yup,both sexes and they all turned out fine:)

• Yes. He is my best guy friend now. :) I was shy but he was so nice, charming and a gentleman. We never thought of romance. It has always been platonic. I really respect and love him as a friend.

• i hate to say this but I have on ashley madison. it's clearly to find someone who's married or attached to hook up with. so I met up with them one night and we had sex. the sex wasn't worth being a mistress to that person so I cut it off. if I want to have one night stands, I just have sex with someone I know is good.

• Yes, I have tried online dating in the past. I've met multiple guys from OkCupid and PlentyOfFish. It wasn't awkward because we exchanged messages, texted or talked on the phone briefly before meeting to make sure there was at least some chemistry and attraction beforehand. We talked about typical first date topics -- our education, family, jobs, friends, pets, interests, music, movies, food, art... It wasn't awkward at all. First dates are exciting in my opinion.

• no, never done that.

What Guys Said 10

• Back in the high school days a couple times I met friends of friends whom I'd first talked to via the internet. My friend knew them though, so I don't know if you can really count that.

I have met two people on an internet forum I use to frequent before this one. One was this girl in Canada. She was an amazing person and we talked/webcam/skyped every damn day for months. Long story short, we never ended up meeting, but we did talk about it on numerous occasions. (I was the one who was too hesitant and so it never happened) There is also one guy who I met on the forums back in 06 and we talk pretty often still. He only lives an hour or so away so there have been plenty of times where we made plans but one of us ended up canceling. We started a video game blog together because we share similar cynical views and sense of humor when it comes to that sort of thing. I'm fairly certain at some point I'll make the drive over. There's just no real urgency at this time.

I think it takes a certain amount of time and interaction before I'd be comfortable with meeting somebody. With that though, I'd definitely be willing to.

• Well, I am a railfanner (Person who is interested in filming trains), and I became friends with a few other railfanners on YouTube. After a while, we planned to meet at a subway station at a certain time, and do some railfanning together. It was not awkward. It was fun. I had a great time. Now we are friends on Facebook too. If you are asking if I have met a girl online, and chose to meet up with her in person, then, no.

• Yeah, a group of people. I was actually 16 and they were all adults in their 20's/30's. I knew them about 4-years through the Internet. Had to convince my parents that they had to thrust me to trust them.

We all ended up staying a weekend in Amsterdam and played paintball. Everyone was like they were online, at one point someone said "This is no different from a huge chat session".

Even last August I went to a convention and met a lot of people from the online community around it. I didn't really hung out with the people I didn't talk to online (but knew). But I did with the people I was familiar with and knew. So things weren't very different in that aspect.

Yet to have a bad experience. Both times people were just an extension of how I knew them online.

• Yeah I've met about a dozen girls who I met on the internet. It wasn't really awkward ever, no. It was fine. What did we talk about? I dunno, it was a long time ago.

• It only gets awkward if you said too much, went too far with the messages before actually meeting the person in real.

• I met tons of people on line.

It worked out fine, some of them were very sexual tho

• a guy from my university. it wasn't awkward at all, we were already friends. but its different story with girls. they complicate everything lol

• Ive done it, it felt a little awkward but nonetheless they were pretty cool.

• no, but I did really want to meet someone.

• I've met a fair amount of people from online. Really, the stigma against online socializing / dating is dead, and it really only gets perpetuated by popular media as a way to sell comedy or drama.

The first experience was a *little* awkward, but I'm a guy who knows how to take care of himself so I wasn't too worried. As for what we talked about, we actually talked about very little because we were meeting to actually just have fun over a mutually enjoyed hobby. It was more like meeting a fellow biking/boating/hiking enthusiast than a date.