How do you back off, yet show there could be interest?

That's more a technical question regarding the cats and mice game that dating is.

Delays before texting or replying to texting.

Text or conversation's content.

Body language or alikes.

Guys and girls please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a friend who had this whole method about when to communicate and how often, and it didn't seem to work that great for her. I don't remember the whole thing, but I know part of it was waiting until the guy called her and never calling the guy. Obviously, that's ridiculous. Needless to say, guys were forever getting tired of that crap and moving on.

Your best bet is to just be a normal human being who communicates when it is best for him. The only thing that I would say cat-and-mouse like that is valid, for both guys and girls I might add, is not to spend every dang minute with the person or communicating with them. Give a person a chance to miss you!

• Thanks for your answer :) I second your recommendation, in general. But as I said, it's more of a technical question,it's more to see how people react when they are in the situation.

• punkfightergal, it's not about games. It's about not being straight forward. Not everybody can do that ;)

• You can call it whatever you want. It's still playing games. You said it yourself, "the cats and mice game". ;)

What Girls Said 2

• This is a very good question. I'd like to hear from others as well.

I would say, not answering every phone call or text message, going a day or two without speaking to them at all, saying things like "we should go out sometime." and not really bringing it up, (leaving it up to them to set something up) etc. Basically, doing everything you can to make the other person chase after you.

• Fantastic question! Just tagging it to see what answers you get as I'd like to know also, lol.

What Guys Said 0