Never ever tell them on the phone?

Hi ! I hardly ever start a topic but I was thinking about something.

I have made this mistake and it has been done to me. The mistake is telling someone I am busy, can YOU call me later when they call you on the phone. If YOU are busy, the ball is now in your court. The person called YOU and YOU cut it short. If you are busy, YOU call the person back. Don't put it on them.

just a random thought. I have done it recently to a nice lady and it was pure rudeness on my part and guess what she never called back. I reflected on it and realized that the same thing has happened to me in the past. I grabbed the phone, called the lady I was interested in, expected a fun convo only to have her cut me short and tell me, call me later. Amazingly, without putting much thought into it...I wasn't so motivated to call her later. It works both ways it seems. It is MUCH more polite to tell the person " I am real busy, I am so sorry...Can I call you later?" it implies you really wanted to talk to that person but couldn't but are now so happy you are going to make sure you call back ASAP because "you are interested".

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you (though technically this isn't a question, lol). Try posting this as a Behavioral Article; it's quite interesting. Perhaps add a bit more detail about demotivating the caller?

• you are correct, I should have made it an article. meh ..next time I think of something I'll do that.

• It would really benefit more people on the GAG readership as an article. Here there's a chance it gets deleted for not being a question...

• I just added a rating. Hope it helps the non-question stick, lol.

What Girls Said 3

• I'll share a little secret with you. I have done this to guys in the past. Even the guys I was very interested in and even when I actually wasn't busy. Why? To play a little hard to get. Sorry but we have to play games sometimes and make the man work for it. If he doesn't want to call me back later, then he probably doesn't want me that bad. It has worked for me in the past...9 out of 10 times the guy calls me back because men like a little challenge.

• Totally agree.

• Agree. sometimes I am super busy and I`ll say I will call you later, and the majority of the time I do, other times I`ll text if its on my cell phone and in the case I do forget, I APOLOGIZE asap

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah you should have said that you'd call her back instead. When you're busy it's also OK to let it go to voice mail and then call them back when you have the time.