Online dating - how to make the first impression?

I like a girl on witch I found online, and want to start chatting with her. When I tried to speak with girls previously I had received no response from them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure your messages show her that you've read her profile. Comment on things she has in her "about me" section. Those are much better than the generic "hi, how are you?" messages. If that doesn't work, then it probably means she's not attracted to you.

What Girls Said 4

• Just be yourself and don't talk about sex/ask for pics. I can't speak for all the women out there,but it's a big turn off to me.

It helps too if you have a sense of humor. Some girls like that.

Good luck and have fun!:)

• don't worry when you find someone who has the same interest about you, she will give a warm response :)

• know how to spell...

• just be yourself and ask her how she's doing, what she's like ask her things that make it seem you're interested in her not just for a relationship but as a person. Maybe her favorite movies, music, books, and hobbies. Things like that. good luck

What Guys Said 4

• Step #1: close online dating account

Step #2: go back out in public and compliment your target female on something specific you noticed about her. Use your confidence and a cool/calm demenor. Start a conversation, get her number . .

Online dating works GREAT if you're a girl. If you are a guy, good luck getting a girl you aren't settling for.

Not being mean, this is the way it is. I have been WAY more successful out in public than online dating. Girls want to tell a great story on how you met. . . Not "out of all the guys messenging me online, I chose him."

• True... you can meet more girls tho and 80% of girls online are horny so you f*** on the first date and easier to get them off your back Later

• Wow I was actually just wondering about this. I have been considering online dating recently and I started getting curious about what you would actually say in the message. How long should it be? do you talk about yourself? and the stuff in her profile? Like introduce yourself type deal? I mean couldn't you just be basic any other details should be in your profile right? Stuffs confusing.

• A simple 'hi' does it... if you write a whole essay you'll never get a reply back. If she want to talk to then she willno matter what you say. I rarely message girls in dating sites I just leave my profile online I get few msgs... You should try that

• I'm in the same boat as you, man. The most important thing to keep in mind is that these women have TONS of guys to pick and choose from. Combine that with the convenience of the internet, and you've actually got a tougher time talking to them than if you were meeting them at a bar.

There is no secret formula, but that is the truth of the matter.

-Always be polite, but don't be overly obsequious.

-Don't copy / paste your messages.

-Keep your messages short, but say more than "hi"/ "Hello" / "What's up"

-Try not to ask a question that they probably get asked a lot. This is difficult since the only information you have about them is the stuff they've written.

-Relate to them, and DON'T send "why don't you want to talk to me?" messages. Women get dozens of messages on those sites every hour. Trying to form a personal response to all of them while being considerate is impossible.

• ^^^^^ What he said. I have experience with online dating. I have found that most girls that are online are nothing but drama. If you are set on doing the online dating thing, you will need a few things.

1. Patience and lots of it.

2. Time

3. More patience