Push / pull and "rubber band" idea...how do you get them to come back?

I know I've seen things on here about relationships where the guy or girl will start getting really close then they'll start pulling away. (generally in the beginning of the relationship I believe)

Anyway, I've noticed a similar thing going on with the girl I've been talking to...we'll start getting really close but then she'll become a little distant. Eventually she does come back, but I'm really not sure why she's doing it, how I can keep her from doing it, or how to get her to come back a little faster. Her last relationship ended pretty badly, so I'm not sure if she's still just scared from that...

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? What helped out in your situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make her see that she can trust you. Don't give up on talking to her, but don't smother her. I was in an abusive relationship before my current, sometimes lending myself over completely is a little difficult, but it will happen because I trust my boo with my life.

What Girls Said 1

• Well sometimes we need our space. Also she is being careful because of what her last relationship had done to her, but that is normal. I do that sometimes. I sometimes think it's moving to fast.

What Guys Said 1

• That John Gray dude was really onto something, wasn't he? I find this happens a lot.