Do women like presents/gifts given to them when there is no occassion?

I was in a japanese store today (I like sushi and I get it there a lot) and saw a purple crystal Buddha. The girl I always talk about (ex of 2 years, now friend, and I am getting feelings for her again) loves buddhas, so I got it for her, and wrapped it up.

She called me when she got off work, and I told her I had a present for her. She kept asking what it was like always and joked about wether it was worth the drive or not(5 minutes lol)

Finally she came over and I gave it to her. Before she opened it she asked what it was etc. She liked it. But the next 20 minutes we hung out she seemed really quiet. I think she was tired, but I don't know. I kept trying to make her laugh and stuff.

She asked if she was supposed to hug me when she left. And I said ide like a hug.

but I feel like I'm missing something that any one else would be able to see easily. Help? !

Ok, so how do I progress..?

I am honestly really scared to even ask her to talk about us.

Should I wait till valentines day? or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• She was overwhelmed by this sweet gestures of yours.

Your presenting her a gift meant a lot to her. It was a token representing you love her. This probably must have left her speechless. We girls are very sensitive by nature . Small things affect a lot. Maybe at that moment she wanted to be left alone so that she can think about you. She might be wondering what's going to be your next move.

When a girl isn't talking then there are thousands of thoughts racing through her mind. Just give her time.

Sometimes even shyness can get in way. She wants to tell you how much she loves you but can't bring herself to do that.

Try to read her - eyes. Do they light up when you around ?

• I really can't tell.

• Her current best friend hates me. because of what happened between us.

I can't say I have much respect for vals bff though. She's really immature acting.

we have a lot of mutual friends..but I don't know what to tell them to do

• Thanx !

What Girls Said 13

• yeah definitely! I love presents, especially when I least expect it. it's so sweet. I would love the most though a comic book, preferrably anime lol I'm odd that way, but I love anime so much more than chocolates or roses. but I guess anything would make me love him more ^_^. I really like flowers in general. hmmm but just work towards that. I mean, like just giving someone doesn't mean necessarily they like you back right? and I would if I were a guy lol talk to the girl first and for while before giving her anything. cheers

• I love getting gifts for no reason, I think that that's something that should always be done both ways. You're showing the other person that you care about them and that you're thinking about them without some holiday or any day attached to it. She probably was thinking about the gift and wondering if you wanted something back for it since you guys did date before. Just give act normal with her she'll come around you don't want to come on too strong and if she asks you about the gift just tell her that you saw it and that you thought that she might like it that's it.

• i think gifts that are "just because" is a really sweet gesture.

i think though she might think that something is up,

cause girls like to over analyze things a lot.

so she might be worried about if you are trying to rekindle things or such.

and about the hug thing, I think it already got quite awkward there.

so about the thing where she thinks that if you might like her again.

i think you should talk to her about it ASAP

find somewhere both of you feel very comfortable.

it seems she was not that comfortable last time.

• Surprise gifts are the greatest! It's not so much the gift itself as it is knowing that he was thinking of me. That's priceless.

• She might have been thinking that you did it because you liked her as more then a friend. (the fact that she's your ex just adds to that) It might have made her feel awkward. (regardless to how she feels about you, or if old feelings could come back for her as well)

• hay don't freek out she is probaly just a little scard that you have been so close 4 a while and now getting closer. most girls love to get gifs even if they say dont, I bet she truley loved the gift but was probaly trying to think of what it ment, like do you still like her or just friends. but my advice DONT ambush her on valentines day that would freek her out more. has she dated any more guys since u? if not that's good. but just hang tight a few more days and slowley ask up to it! I hope that helps

ok quick ? 4 you do you think I should get over a guy that has been my best friend since 1st grade and is closer to me than annyone else I'm 15 now and we have dated 3 times but it always ended badley I love him but I want to move on but I still don't I don't know wut to do!

• Quick answer for you. Thanks for the response but open up your own question.

• your not missing anything! what you did was so sweet! girls absolutely LOVE when a guy randomly gives us a gift. it really makes our day. she was probably just tired or something. ok sure she appreciated it :)

• I don't, but that's just me. That's very sweet, what you did for her, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

• She probably knows that you are starting to develop feelings for her again, and isn't sure that she wants a relationship with you.

• thats so sweet

but she was probably thinking about her feelins like us girls do

what she thought the present meant and how you felt about her and if she felt the same way and blah blah blah

no need to worry bud

• well maybe she is falling for you again 2 and she just doesn't want to show it

girls try to hide their feelings and maybe that's what she is doing

but it was very sweet for you to get her something for no reason

• well yeah I love it wen people gives me gifts. well I think she was speechless and felt the feeling comeing back to and didn't know what to say to u.but just wait it out till valentines day and just keeping talking to her as a friend get close to her the way I got together the first time.

• i think that was really sweet of you... maybe she just didn't know how to react... because honestly if my ex was to buy me something that I really liked I would be shocked to know that he even took the time and got me something...

What Guys Said 4

• first off kayne dos cookies are mine lol. but anyway back to ur question. you gotta realize man you said it yourself how she's ur ex of 2 years, so giving her that gift may have been that sign to her that ur interested to make it work again. I mean I think its good she was quiet. I think she was thinking about what you guys could still have together. it may have seemed like just a gift, but women associate things like that with signs from anything. in this case its you giving her that gift which shows her you know what she likes and think about her enough to get her that.

i hope dis helps

• I will fight you 4 the cookies.

thanks for the input.

• He spells it Kane. Thanks.

• Oh, well imma go make crystals special cookies, and she said that she doesn't usually givem out so I feel special =)

• if you did it right that might be romantic but I think imma see everyones answer first, especially since redhead is my competition for a lot of dese answers lol, I'm watchin you redhead >=)

• If you really like her, you don't need a special occassion like a holiday to tell her you like her.

• Sweet gestures for no reason, go a long way in making a woman happy.