What you think about receiving this text?

So I met this girl the other night, we chatted for a bit and it went pretty well. I got her on the dance floor and dragged along her friends as well (got to keep them involved so I'm told). I then left her for awhile.

I was leaving soon so I thought I better get her number before I left. So I went up to her in front of all of her mates and said can I take you out over Xmas and what's your number. She gave it to me and I said cool I will text u, and left her and her mates alone. Usually I would just ask for a number not a date as well, so hopefully I wasn't to forward for her.

So what do you think about me sending this text...

Hey ******** (personal joke which we shared in our convo) how's things? Hope I wasn't to forward in the way in which I asked for your number the other day, but I would genuinely like to meet up sometime. So do you have any plans for Friday. X

I think the text will show her my sense of humor, consideration of her feelings, I genuinely actually want to meet her (so I wasn't getting her number just for my ego) and also a bit of dominance (women love that apparently) by not mixing my words and asking for a date.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, as I have been out of the game for nearly 8 months now.

Ok cheers for the comments, I want to stay on the being forward vibe, as p**** footing around gets you nowhere in my experience.

So I will scrap everything after the opening how's things and say, so when are we going to carry on our convo, how does one night this week sound over dinner?

Most Helpful Guy

• Him: "Hey ******. What are you doing Friday night?" [Call back humor from your inside joke is great. Couple it with a not subtle reference that you want to go out]

Her: "Nothing" [She is admitting to being free which now gives you an opportunity to come up with plans

Him:"Thats too bad. I wanted to grab dinner but if you insist on doing nothing..." or "How about dinner at Magiano's? I'll pick you up around 8." [First one is kind of a toss up. Some women might not like or get that kind of humor and will think you really don't want to get dinner anymore. The second one is pretty straight forward. I've always been a fan of the "Ill pick you up at 8" approach because I think it's old school charm and you don't waste 15 texts trying to figure out what the other person wants to do or when to meet by asking "What do you feel like?"

That's my take on things. Just remember to go into every situation already expecting the best possible outcome and that you're the best guy in the world. Chicks like guys that appear normal and by normal I mean don't have an agenda or are too nice and appeasing. They like boundaries. So do guys. Be direct but not forceful and it'll be come across as confident but not cocky.

What Girls Said 4

• leave out the "hope I wasn't to forward.. other day" part.. doesn't sound confident but the rest sounds great! best of lucky man

• dont type this "Hope I wasn't to forward in the way in which I asked for your number the other day"... it sounding as if you are not at all confident...act as if you are quite cool about things

• i think your updated message is a bit too straight and dry... it seems as if you are over confident ...like the girl has no choice except date your highness... so add some personal touch

• I think that's pretty good. Go for it.

• Stop overthinking things, that's when you f*** yourself over. Plus you showing doubt over how you asked her out is then taking down your self-confidence a notch. Even IF you are unsure about it, she doesn't need to know that, in her mind you knew exactly what you were doing and it should stay that way.

• Other than that it sounds good, just take out the "I hope I wasn't too forward" thing. Say something like I had a lot of fun with you and I would really love to meet up sometime. Do you have any plans Friday?

What Guys Said 4

• Not a fan of your updated approach either. I think you need a little fluff talk first. Joke around a bit. Tell her about something interesting/funny that happened in your day. Mention something cool you did with other people so she knows you have a full an interesting life. THEN in the flow of a conversation ask her if she'd like to do XXXXXXX, where XXXXXXX is something SPECIFIC. Do NOT ask something general, like "would you like to meet up for dinner someplace, sometime this week." Weak, weak, weak. That tells her that a) you have an open schedule because you have nothing going on in your life, and b) you aren't a leader and have no plan as you couldn't even come up with something specific to ask her to do.

Hope that helps.

• Meh it's okay, I'd make it a little more fun and open-ended, talk to her a little bit before flat out asking her out just to build the rapport back up. Being it's your first text conversation there's a thousand ways to attack it. DEFINITELY cut out the "hope I wasn't too forward" thing though.

• id just send "hi"

• I would leave out the whole "Hope I wasn't too forward" bit. That's a bit of a step backward, in terms of confidence. You're half way towards apologising already.

DON'T DO THAT.