What is the main reason that makes a date unsuccessful?

So your on a first date, and you don't go on a second one because...

• Talking about the future
  • Talking too much about yourself
  • Talking about exes
  • Bad manners
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• It was a toss up between bad manners and other. Good manners are very important to me and I'm old fashioned and at least for the first date I like a guy to pay after that I don't mind paying and I like it a lot if he holds the door open for me.

For other it would have been conversation skills. I recently went out with a really nice guy with good manners but he couldn't carry on a conversation. It was all me talking because if I didn't there was no talking. I knew like nothing about him no matter how many questions I asked I got 1 word answers and it drove me nuts.

• I know how that feels but then I find guys annoying who do all the talking (about themselves) and ask few questions

• Yea soemwhere in the middle is great I don't mind guys talking about themselves as long as it is an actual converstation and I get to talk too.

• Thanks for the best answer :)

What Guys Said 5

• I have never gotten that far :'(

If I were to list reason I would not want to go out again, I would say D fit the bill best but then it kinda cover the rest of the answers. if A girl is acts like she is better then everyone around her, then I don't want to see her again, let alone go on a second date. For the record I would not mind if she talks about the future, her plans for her life and what she wants out of the relationship should be discuses before things get really serous and we find we have conflicting dreams.

• D

... to put a finer point on it ... lack of ETIQUETTE

• I voted D but C is a close second

• future, manners and exes

• mannerism link

What Girls Said 5

• Bad manners. It is a complete turn OFF

• Both C and D.

• I had a hard time choosing between bad manners and talking about exs. I don't see why you would want to talk about an ex if you were trying to pick up a new girl. It would make me think that they aren't ready for another relationship because they are still caught up on the last one.

• the chemistry just isn't there

• "A" is my runner up choice, but bad manners is really annoying.

• so a guy asking you your goals or sharing his...thats too much? isn't that something people usually find out through dates...? or would you expect this on a 2nd date?

• Nah, that's not what I interpreted "talking about the future" to mean. I have gone on dates with guys who were talking about things we could do four months into the future on our first date. THAT is too much, too soon.