UNIQUE SITUATION: Should I text her soon?

I think I have a chance with this girl in my youth group that I really like. I've waited a long time though. She's somehow been single for three months. We text sometimes but I don't think you could call us "friends". She told me she was going to Texas until Christmas Eve (She has a lot of relatives there). She told me this about a week ago. Should I text her on say, the 26th? I don't want to seem desperate or anything? Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you aren't "friends" yet, then this might be the time to change that. You have to be her friend before you can be her boyfriend. Like someone else said, if she is a social person she may like knowing her friends back home are still thinking about her. I know I do, and love to stay in contact with my friends over break. Be sweet. Show her you take interest in what she's doing, and her family. Somehow, let her know you are THERE. If she knows this, she will know she can trust you. And trust is everything.

What Girls Said 6

• Do it itll come off as sweet:)

• Most girls love to be texted by there "friend" especially if they are on vacaton. If she is the type of girl that loves to hear from her "friends", then you should text her. Let her know that she is on your mind. If she doesn't reply, don't text her again. That is the type of girl that is "playing" you. Don't text her, let her expect you to text or call her. When you don't, if she really cares, she'll text you. If she doesn't text you, don't waste your time!

• Yes

• ask her! you know, playing the whole "wait this long before calling her back" thing is so overrated! go for it :)

• If you don't want it sound desperate, be polite. Text her saying Merry Christmas and asking if she's enjoying her Christmas. That way it sounds sincere, sweet, but natural.

• Do you know this girl well? If you don't I would suggest getting to know her as a friend and seeing where that takes you. Send her a nice casual message wishing her a merry Christmas or something and try and organise a group to go and see movies and stuff

• i mean I've known her for several years but I haven't been really good friends with her. she texts me sometimes, so I guess she likes me. maybe?

What Guys Said 0