Is it really that amazing?

I'm sophomore in college now and in high school I was quite committed to figure skating and worked hard an keeping a high GPA, so I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed, never slept with someone ... And to be honest I've never missed it.

But now I want to start dating and all my friends to do say those things are the most amazing things, that you can do. Is that true?

I feel it puts a lot of pressure on choosing the right person to do it with

Most Helpful Guy

• just make sure to be safe.

i think a lot of girls, when they lose it, well, the cliche is that they basically fall in love with the guy, when the guy may not be totally in to that.

so find someone you trust, but maybe not trust in the sense that they'll be with you forever. just a good person who at the very least can be friends after. if you find someone to go out with than great, but don't assume its gonna happen

• But I want to do it with someone I can stay with after. Maybe not forever but at least for a while, I don't want to do it with just a friend.

I would need to date someone for a while before I sleep with him. Are you saying there are very few guys willing to do that?

• no not at all there are plenty.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, I think it's amazing that you were so dedicated to that. In my opinion, you did miss quite a bit. Not that it's bad, but you just don't have the experience in that area of life that most of your peers do have. You're innocent, so you need to be a little more careful.

Good luck!

• Lol I was the same as you. Now I'm 22 and I've been on like 1 or 2 dates and maybe hugged a girl lol

• so nothing happened either yet?

What kind of sport did you do?

• Not a sport, just school work haha. Unless you count Marching band ;)

What Girls Said 2

• Its hard to put into words.

Ive kissed, slept with, been in relationships with a decent amount of people. Its certainly an autonomous feeling- its your own sexuality, your own likes, dislikes, etc. I certainly don't walk around thinking about it all the time, but definitely having been there, my mind goes there when I like a guy and it can freely think back on what I've done or what I would like to do.

My sexuality to me is my own- I know what I want, when I want it, and I'm not afraid to go after it. I like knowing that the guy I'm looking at could possibly be into me, and things could possibly happen.

Then the physicality of it is great, its unexplainable.

There is something to be said for hard work and dedication, but you also gotta give yourself a break.

• I felt like you did a couple of years ago. Now I'm I've dated a couple of people and am in a great relationship with the right guy.

Back then I never really minded not having any experience I was quite happy living my life and doing things my way, until my friends made it seem like I was the minority and was missing out. I hate to admit that I let the pressure get to me and ended up being rushed into doing things to quickly. I don't regret what I've done since then, but I kind of wish that I'd waited for the right person.

Don't feel pressured into finding the right person straight away. Its fine to date a few people before you find the right one. Just don't rush into anything you might end up regreting.