Although he has every right to see someone else, it is just hard to hear about it so soon!

I was at the bar one night with a friend about 7 weeks ago when I saw a really cute guy with gorgeous eyes. I looked at him & made eye contact with him every chance I got. After a little bit of liquid courage I walked up to him & told him that he had really beautiful eyes. We talked a little bit & then I went home. I saw him again the next night & basically did the same thing only this night I brought him home (bad, I know!) but we ended up laying in bed the next morning & talk for a little while before he left. We started texting each other everyday & started hanging out. Then we were hanging out nearly everyday. This guy & I really seemed to be hitting it off & liking each other a little more each day. After only two weeks, we became official. A little quick I know. Quicker than I like to move, but it was my choice. After only three weeks of dating, I began to think maybe it was a bad idea to move so quick. I liked texting him & I liked having him around, but we really didn't have a whole lot to talk about. When there is a lull in the conversation, with anyone, I feel pressured to have to keep the conversation going & I suck at that! So I felt I was boring with this guy. We had a lot in common, but we were very different in our own ways. It is also very important that a guy can make me laugh. I really love to laugh and I am pretty funny myself, but I feed off of other people. He didn't make me laugh too much.

I decided to end it with him. It was very hard to do even though I knew it was the right thing to do. When I told him how I felt, he said he was going to actually suggest that we see less of each other since we had been seeing each other nearly every day. I told him that I was glad he felt that way because I was feeling pretty terrible about breaking up with him (Not that I didn't want to, I just hate hurting peoples feelings) Well, we continued to talk almost every day, still hung out a couple of times a week & was still having sex for about two weeks after the breakup. Then on a Thursday (just two days after the last time we had sex) I get a text from him saying that he really cares about me, he said he could see in my eyes that I didn't want to let go of him & that is why he didn't want to let go of me. He wanted to know where we stood. I told him that I thought I had made the right decision. Then he said "Ok, I just needed to know because I want to start seeing someone else" I thought he was just trying to act tough like it didn't bother him, but I found out that he is already in a new relationship. They got together just three days after the last time we had sex & just one day after he told me that he cared for me & hadn't given up on me. It was kind of hurtful to hear that. Although he has every right to see someone else, it is just hard to hear about it so soon. The only thing that makes me feel a little bit better is that I was the one he really wanted, she was his plan B. Leave any thoughts you have about the situation if you'd like :)

What Guys Said 2

• Well not to be rude but you shouldn't have left him because their was an occasional lull in the conversation when everything else was great. That is no reason to completely end a relationship but regardless you did it anyway..

Next, you can obviously tell he still does care about you and this new girl does not mean nearly as much as you do to him if he told he how he wanted you back. This girl is just for him to try and get his mind off of you.

You made the wrong decision but he was a gentleman about it and wanted to move on. Obviously he can't but you still turn it down so now he has to get a new girlfriend to keep his mind off it.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

• It wasn't just because we had an occassional lull, it was partly because we hardly ever had anything to talk about. 70% of the time we had nothing to say. No doubt he was a good guy, but my heart wasn't in it anymore. I think that we moved too fast. Lesson learned.

• You really have no right to feel bad about the situation, you know. I mean, you dumped him

What Girls Said 0