Why does it take such a long time for him to reply?

I met a guy about a month ago, and he has initiated contact with me from the beginning. We were mostly talking on the Facebook-mail and he always writes long messages, asking me how my day was etc. We have seen each other a few times as well and had a good time. Most of the time, he has been the one initiating contact and yesterday he gave me a call spontaneously.

The thing is that he is a very slow anwerer. If I send him a mail on Facebook, he always gives me a good and a long answer, but ofter after more than 24 hours, even though he has been online earlier. What could this mean?

What Guys Said 1

• he doesn't want to appear clingy or desperate, wants to show you that he has a life

What Girls Said 1

• Well some people are quick, some people are slow. Maybe, I said maybe, he takes you seriously, and he has to ponder on how to reply you in the best way, that's why he takes his time to think, he chooses the best time of the day to write to you, earlier in the day he was online but he was concentrated in something else (homework, chatting etc) so stay positive.

From my personality, if I get a lover's e-mail, I'll drop everything and answer him right away, but that's just me. :)