Question for black females; Would you date a white guy who had a "stepfather" who was openly racist

Would you date a white guy who had a "stepfather" who was openly racist, would it effect your likelyhood of going out with him if you knew?

what about for the long term

I dislike him and would easily take my black girlfreinds side
This matters to me because black girls are mostly just what I like

Most Helpful Girl

• i would feel uncomfortable and would want to be accepted but I am dating you not your stepdad who first of all isn't your real father. if you truly love someone skin color shouldn't matter but I would let your stepdad know that respect is a two way street and if he wants it than he's gonna have to give it otherwise I will not respect him. its sad that people are still ignorant today. good luck to you and don't let his racism stop you from loving someone :) I commend you for not allowing his thinking to get and influence you.

• no problem with that :) and thank you

What Girls Said 9

• If I knew I probably would not go out with him, so that he would not "bring shame to his fathers eyes". If we had been going gout and I found out, it probably would not change much of our relationship. On the other hand if it was a relationship were we were close to getting engaged I might possibly think twice about what his father would say and how to tell his father!

• I would. It's not exactly something you can help having - you didn't choose your stepfather. But then again, I might be a bit wary if he was 'openly racist'. I can stand up for myself, but if you never defended me to him, or never made it clear to him what is and what's not an acceptable thing to say to me, I'd have to walk. It would be sad if I really liked the guy, but it's true.

• thanks! one of the most understanding here! :) I would deffinitly take her side, after all insulting black girls is insulting me. That is my preference and what I am most attracted to after all and also someone who means a lot

• i would feel extremely uncomfortable. Family is really important to me and I can't see myself being with someone if an important person in their life hated me like that, I just want harmony and peace so no

• some people just get put it situations that they can't avoid. If it were my choice id have nothing to do with him. I just really dislike that it may reflect badly on me when its something I have no say in :(. I dislike him and would always takemy girlfreinds side if that makes a difference?

• It honestly depends on the guy I'm dating. It can go long-term but only if the guy I'm dating knows how to keep his stepfather in check, if you know what I mean. If my boyfriend is letting his stepfather fill up his head with nonsense, then it can't go long term.

I assume that's the situation you're in? What exactly would your stepfather do if he knew you were dating a black girl? I could be more specific.

• I am mostly only attracted to black girls so of course I wouldn't let it fill my head. But would you marry and he probably would not like it

• yes, he is a pretty stereotypical white racist. There probably wouldn't be an issue with who I date if black girls didn't look so fine! (= perfect example ^

• As long as he stands up for me and doesn't cower under his stepfather's pressure then I could handle it. Our relationship should not be defined by others opinions, even though it is liable to be harder when your partner's family is against your relationship. There's the possibility that showing we aren't phased by the lack of respect will not change him but I'm sure we could handle it. Every girl, regardless of race is different though, so before you date her, ask her and find out what she honestly feels about the situation. That will also gauge if she can handle problems in the long run. Good luck!:)

• would with out a doubt stand by her side, my ACTUAL family would have no problem with her race so you would only have one to deal with, its just what I'm attracted to most

• I am black, and it wouldn't affect me at all. It's him I like, not his stepfather. :)

• I'm a white girl, but if the situation was reversed, I would feel a little uncomforatable at your house with your dad, but would eventually "put him in his place"

• i mostly date white guys. that's a hard question; because although I wouldn't let what other people think get in the way of me wanting to be with someone, I would feel uncomfortable being in a serious relationship with a guy who's step father is racist towards me.. I wish you all the luck in the world hun.(:

• thanks, I understand :)

• What are your biggest concerns with bringing her into the situation?

• that it would put her off

What Guys Said 0