How many dates/ relationships have you been on this year?

So I can remember 8 different guys that I dated and only 2 ended up in relationship which both ended. I know pathetic! I saw the good, bad, complicated and the ugly and think I'm done with the whole dating situation, for this year anyway! So how was your love life this year, good, bad, ugly? Did you meet someone new that you're still with now or perhaps ended a relationship or maybe you were like me, one too many bad dates that lead to nowhere! Share your experience :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't really have any dates exactly, but two random meetings with two different guys that developed into relationships rather quickly, lol. I met and got together with my ex last February, and he broke up with me in September. It was really rough, I was completely heartbroken and just in a really bad place mentally for a while. Only very recently have I been able to come to terms with being OKAY without him in my life that way. We can still kind of be friends now after a long time of me not being able to handle that transition, especially with him having a new girl so soon after dumping me. And I can still see his kids, who I absolutely adore, and be in their lives and love on them. He told me his older kids were PISSED when we broke up and I wasn't around anymore and they weren't able to see me, and I guess were really rude to his new girl for a while at first. But they love me and I'd do anything for them, so I'm unbelievably relieved that I'll still be able to be in their lives.

Then in October I met the guy I'm dating now, also randomly, but we didn't actually really talk until a couple weeks ago, and decided a couple interactions later that we wanted to try dating. We've only been seeing each other for like two weeks, but it's going really well so far and just seems to be an all around better situation than with my ex. More in common, know a lot of the same people, have several mutual friends who support us being together [rather than every female friend my ex had absolutely hating me for no other reason than for 'snagging' their friend/crush/obsession, haha], etc. We relate better on an emotional level and have kind of both come out of similar heartbreak type situations in the last 6 months.

But it's really unusual for me, having two relationships so close together, let alone two in one year. Granted, I've only had 3 boyfriends, but I'm still so used to always being the single girl while most of my friends date and have had several relationships over the years we've been friends. I didn't date anyone for three years after breaking up with my first boyfriend, lol, so I feel strange all of a sudden being apparently thought of as 'desirable' in a relationship sense by multiple men in such a short time period lately. I'm okay with where I'm at right now though, the heartache is mostly faded away, and I'm starting to feel comfortable in my own skin again. AND comfortable with myself with another person, I don't feel as much anxiety and emotional turbulence. I feel comfortable being totally myself with this guy because I can tell he really respects me and is interested in me as a person, in who I am.

• Thanks for sharing, you must have a kind heart to still be friends with your ex after he got with someone else so soon and that's why it also brought you good karma with your new beau, I'm glad it's working for you! :)

• Aww thanks! =] It took a lot of self-reflection to get me to this point, and I'm so glad that I put so much energy into working on myself, because it taught me a lot and helped me seriously cut down on the time I otherwise would have spent feeling awful about myself. It was a really tough transition for me, and I don't feel that it's a rebound because I finally came to terms with the whole 'friends' thing a week or two before I started actually hanging out with this new guy and made it official.

• So while I'm still going to have a lot of little hang-ups, they're related to ME, not about my ex not wanting to be with me anymore. I feel like I've entered the 'moved on' phase, rather than pushing before I was ready and finding someone else just to distract from my feelings. It seemed like once I finally sorted out my feelings and accepted everything, something else [better for me] almost immediately fell into my lap, lol. Unheard of for me, but I'm grateful, no complaints.

What Guys Said 6

• Just one relationship. Started in May. We're still together. Overall, I'd say this year was pretty good "love life-wise". Better than average for me.

• Aw yay that's good :D

• dates : 2 relationships : none

• Zero for me. I suspect next year will be equally passionless and unfulfilling.

• Good things come when you least expect it ;)

• I doubt that very much, since I couldn't possibly expect it less.

• 0 dates and 0 relationships. My love life sucks, it's non-existant! It's definitely not the strongest aspect of my life. I'm expecting 2012 to be more of the same.

• Uhh like 2 "dates". Never been in a serious relationship

• Been with 1 girl since last Dec. Usually about 15-20 when single. Not including 1 night hookups

What Girls Said 5

• Three dates and one relationship that was a result of those three dates :D

• 0. I rarely get out of the house.

• 0 dates for me.. I liked a couple guys but both of those failed.. I'm sure '12 will be better :)

• Zero for both, but I had my eye on a certain someone :P but the semester is over, and I won't be able to see him again :( Oh how life sucks at college.

• I've dated probably 6 different guys in the past year? And that didn't result in any long-term relationships, just some good dates and hanging out. My love life was fine, would've liked to have met someone worth being with more than a short-term thing but it's whatever. I'm not dating anyone right now, I prefer to just hang out with guys and not expect anything.