Is this a bad reason not to go out with someone?

There was this girl that I really liked. I thought she could be the one. Well she chose some douche bag over me. But it is like I told her he would treat her like crap. Now they are done and she has been contacting me lately. But I really can't get past the fact that she picked him over me. I still have feelings for her but I just don't know.

Is that a petty reason not to see her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it can be hard to see someone again after they've hurt you like that, feeling like a rebound or just 'the backup guy', but it might not be that way to her. If she does have feelings for you, it could just be that her bad experience with him has shown her that she needs someone who's not like that (you), or it might just have given her a chance to think. Either way, feelings change, and if she does actually like you, I'd say give it a chance? It's not petty if you don't want to, because you've got your reasons, but there's no harm in seeing how it goes, I guess?

What Girls Said 3

• i wouldn't want to go out with someone unless I was their number one choice

• Well I would feel pretty hurt about it. But when it comes down to it life is about making mistakes and taking chances. So I say go for it. Why deny yourself happiness? People have to try things before they realize they don't like them or they prefer something else.

• Well I did the same thing with a guy... it was his best friend.. I didn't mean to and I only chose him because I loved him nothing else...right now I have feelings for that guy (not the one I chose over him) and he stopped flirting and being talkative. he simply stopped giving me attention, well what I'm trying to say is I think she might have feelings for you...hope that helped but I'm the one who needs help here haha

What Guys Said 1

• I couldn't do it. I even tried considering it once but she just didn't give me enough to trust her. I wanted to but I had no choice but to move on. OK so you not only got to get passed her picking the other guy over you but what happens if in 6 months this other guy comes calling. What happens to you? That's what was plaguing my mind so it's not worth getting attached to a girl when things can fall apart at the drop of a dime.

Even if he treated her like sh*t, in 6 months she might not be feeling so bad about him again. If she isn't going all out to convince you that your the 1 she wants then I would forget about her & start with someone else. Plus you have your pride to deal with also.

Just not a good start to a relationship in my eyes.