Is a rebound relationship OK if you're both rebounding and know it?

So my boyfriend of a year and a half and I just broke up 3 weeks ago. Recently (last couple months) I've been getting closer to a guy friend of mine "Aaron". We've been friends for like three years, but have gotten in the same circle lately. That led to texting quite a bit. He was in a relationship too, we were just friends.

Then I broke up, which had nothing at all to do with Aaron. But he started being nice and texting me more, and I liked that because I was lonely. And then he broke up too, about a week ago. I'm not sure of the details of that, but they were long distance and I knew he wasn't the type that could do that very well, though they were dating for about 4 months.

So now we've been texting even more, and making plans to hang out when he gets back from visiting his family for Christmas. I know we're somewhat attracted to each other, but I also know that I'm not ready for a relationship. I don't think he is either. I think we both just want someone to hook up with and talk to.

This should be OK, right? No hard feelings or guilt that we're starting a relationship too soon? What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• So long as you don't get too serious too fast, since you're both rebounding. You don't want another break up right away! Take it easy for a while and let your head clear before jumping into something complicated.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You should make sure he knows that this would just a rebound too, though. You don't know what's going on in his mind, and he might think something differently which will lead to the hard feelings and guilt. But my personal opinion...I don't think that's a good decision. You need to get over your ex in a healthy way. Rebounding isn't going to make it easier necessarily. I hope everything works out for the best for you. Good luck.