Cutting Out Dating For Career?

I've cut out dating because I think I will be better focused on my career to come. But I have some doubts because I am just turned seventeen and I don't want to get career obsessed so young and not enjoy more that life has to offer.

I can't decide what is the right thing and as I weigh the pros and cons because it seems to even out every time I do. There's not really anyone I am interested in dating at the moment but were that to happen I'm not sure if I should restrain myself and focus on just only my career until I get about six years older or be a bit versatile and date a little too...but nothing too serious.

I of course will make the final choice but I wanted some advice before I do to make sure I've considered all my options and I really respect the advice of girlsaskguys.

• Cut it out. You'll have plenty of time later to date and stuff.
  • You should date now, but not lose focus on your carrer goals. But dating is an important part of being a teenager.

What Guys Said 1

• Of paramount importance - don't get debt ridden, or you'll be a slave to your job forever. Use an Amex card when the time comes in your life so you have to pay it all back within 30 days. Avoid the cards that charge interest like the plague. Seriously. Debt is the destroyer of dreams. Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

What Girls Said 1

• OK My answer is none of the above. I understand your point of view since I was like yu back in the says however from my personal experience it is not a good thing to shut yourself emotionally from the opposite gender or interacting with other people because you are obsessed with your studies or career. Actually in the career world you need to have good interpersonal skills as well as emotional maturity to deal with everyday issues and problems. So you should go by the slogan: Work Hard Play Hard. That's the best way to live. Date but prioritize yourself...You are more important than the guys that you date. They just happen to be a fun filling t your whole college experience.

• That seems like a sure way to hurt a guy if you just use them for fun. And who's to say I'm more important than another person.

• You should be more important to your self and well its not about hurting the guys feelings but kissing as many frogs that you can until you find a prince. Look girl, men of worth and value respect women who value themselves.

• Ah, I see. I respect me, I just don't think I'm better than anyone and I say that in a fact tone not a defensive one. Oh, and some random advice on guys lol, you can tell a good man by how he treats his mother. :)