Hanging out one-on-one?

Should you hang out one-one-one with someone of the opposite gender while in a relationship?

What kind of rules should there be about that?

A guy wants to hang out but I'm not sure it that is 'okay' to do.

I think he's attractive but I also think he's a good guy that I'd love to be friends with.

Is this playing with fire?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not playig with fire. You can establish ground rules. "It's not a date." No formalities, no kissing goodnight, no necking...

Maybe it's playing with matches, since sometimes you like each other so well that you tend to forget the ground rules!

But that gives the hanging out a certain excitement...

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with the dude below me I certainly wouldn't want my girlfriend hanging out with another guy and you probably wouldn't want your boyfriend hanging out with a chick he thought is attractive. Plasying with fire for sure.

• Unless he's gay, then yes, you're playing with fire.

What Girls Said 1

• if being in a relationship, means you can't have friends, then what the hell is the point. relationships are supposed to enhance your life-not become it.

you know whether you can control yourself better than anyone here. if you can't I suggest taking training lessons. itl enhance your life, by allowing you to have broader range of experiences without encountering problems due to lack of volition and agency.