Is just a kiss considered cheating when you're dating?

ok I'm just wondering , cus my best guy friend has a girlfriend, and I caught him at a party kiss another girl, I mean he wasn't making out with her, it was just a peck on the lips just one kiss. and I asked him why he did it his response was "its just one kiss" and since he's my best friend I promised to keep it a secret form his girlfriend , but at the same time, she is really nice I am also her friend, and id be kinda hurt if I had a boyfriend and he kissed another girl even though its just a peck :/ but is my best friend cheating? or is it no big deal since it was just a peck?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cheating to me.

And he wanna keep it a secret, so he doesn't feel good about it. And there is no such thing as "it's just one kiss", because behind a spontaneous kiss you always have love and attraction (or one of the two) so it is not innocent.

I'm not sure it's any of your business though... It's time for you to be loyal to your best friend or to his girl, but to pick a side.

Personnally, I would wonder if I'm happy with having a best friend who cheats on someone he supposedly loves...it's betrayal, and I would think he can betrays our friendship someday too.

What Guys Said 2

• well. its kind of a white zone area in relationships I think. I personally think its cheating, but a little peck isn't worth breaking up over. so yeah.

• I wouldn't feel bad about dumping a girlfriend if she "just kissed" another guy. Unacceptable. I have zero tolerance for that.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, to me that is cheating. Going on a date with a girl even if nothing physical happened, to me is cheating. Sexual talk through texting with another girl, to me is cheating. A peck may not be as serious as sex, but as soon as you act on your attraction to another person, through verbally or physically, you've cheated (to me anyway).

• It is considered cheating and unshoukd tell the girl that he cheated on her, I know it might jepordize your relashionship with your best friend but you would want someone to tell you if it happened to u, so try to convince your best friend that he did play that wrong and that it is not fair to her...

• I believe that it is cheating if she doesn't know or isn't cool with it. However imo, I really do not think that you should get involved and tell her because it really isn't your relationship.

• Its cheating

• for me, a kiss it's always a kiss... and if you kiss someone else's lips (someone who is not your bf/gf) yeah, that's cheating!

• Absolutely.

• what kind of dating. casual dating, your free to see other people-so no. its not cheating.

• It's still cheating, regardless of how innocent it was.

• The fact that your friend made you promise to keep it a secret sort of shows that he knows it was wrong. If he thought it was really "just one kiss" and harmless he'd not have a problem with his girlfriend knowing about it.

Now to answer your question, it certainly isn't as bad as having your partner have sex with another person, but it is bad enough for it to be wrong. I'd be upset if I found out that my boyfriend does that sort of thing with other women.

• Its not your problem or issue to be getting into, your just going to be in even more drama if you tell her.