Does anyone have a hard time connecting with dates?

I've gone out on first dates with at least 10 guys in the past couple of months, and didn't feel anything for any of them. I even went out on three dates with one because he was such a nice guy, but I had to force myself to kiss him on the third date and it was repulsive to me even though he was a physically attractive guy. I've felt sparks with just a few guys in the past, so I know what it's like to be sexually and emotionally and intellectually attracted to a guy. I don't consider myself to be picky, because I realize that a lot of these guys are great catches. I just don't feel like I want to open up to them or even kiss them. Does anyone else feel this way or feel like they connect with extremely few people?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I even went out on three dates with one because he was such a nice guy" Mistake. If you're not into him, let him go--immediately. You wasted your time, there.

Your fine, just keep dating until one sticks. It's what the rest of us are doing. Also, all those dates are showing you what you're *not* into, which is handy information.

What Guys Said 4

• Without knowing more about you, it's hard to come up with reasons about why you don't open up easily. If I had to guess I'd say you've been hurt before. But you're not alone at all in that problem. I know I tend to be really nervous with girls on dates and have a hard time opening up and connecting with others as well. I would recommend going about dating a different way--just try to make friends with attractive people and develop trust with them with the knowledge and communication to them that something more could develop once you felt comfortable. A good person will be understanding of your difficulties, so long as you're not making it hard on him.

• Yeah.

• Thats a personal issue that you'll have to deal with. I feel the same way in spurts: but realistically, it is what it is. You can connect with noone, or you can connect with about everyone- all depending on your own motives.

• Just try dating a girl all girls are bi anyways.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, I felt this way when I was trapped in a cycle of longing for someone who didn't want to be with me. Once I broke that cycle, I started to be interested in other people again. It took a while and also some work.