Does online dating ever work?

Has anyone ever had any real success with this? I work weird hours and I'm tried of the bar scene. I still have my doubts about the online stuff though. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well one of my best friends met a guy online and they're dating now and seem happy...I tried the online dating thing for a few months and found nothing but creepers and socially awkward guys. I tried OK Cupid and Plenty of Fish (and saw a lot of the same guys on both sites). Maybe all the decent guys are on sites you pay for (even though my friend I mentioned met her boyfriend on OK Cupid). I'm not really sure how I'm gonna meet a guy now. I just graduated and all the guys I work with are married with kids, I never see the people in the other offices on my floor, the bar is filled with guys who just want to get laid that night and nothing else, and I moved back home after graduation and now most of my closest friends live 2-8 hours away so I don't go out as much anymore and I have no hope of meeting a guy through a friend.

What Guys Said 3

• As far as I have tested; It doesn't, but I know, for a fact, that it worked for some people. Give it a try, won't harm.

• Never done it..but I have heard raving reviews as well as horror stories...worth a try...(:

• You won't meet your soul mates in bars. Bars are meant for hookups. If you have a weird schedule, try going to places like bookstores and all that. You'll find quality guys at places as such...

If you feel you MUST use online dating. NEVER do free ones, they don't work as well as the ones you pay for, like eharmony.

What Girls Said 7

• Don't do it people online are f***ing nuts

• Yes,I've met a lot of great guys on there! But don't use plenty of fish-it sucks.

• worked for me,madly in love with my boyfriend I met online. 5 months now :)

• I think it does. Obviously I haven't tried it since I'm sixteen, but anyways hahaha.

• I know a lot of people that have met their husbands online...even my mom and her sister. Just be patient I guess

• Bars are not the place for dating. Online dating is a crab shoot. You have to be very specific in your profile about what you are looking for.then talk to them via email or Skype. If they passed those tests then get out and meet them in a public place

• I know people who've gotten married and are very happy and met through a dating website. Just be careful, meet in a public place until you really get to know them, and use a reliable website.