Guys, what if a guy texts a girl first?

Obviously everyone says 'then he likes you/is interested in' if a guy texts you first. So since I text my crush frequently, I decided to not text him for 2 days. But since it was NYE I planned on at least texting him to say 'Happy New Year'. But then at about 9 pm he texts me 'Sup' and then wished me a happy new year. What are your thoughts guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• well the way I see it I'm in the same boat with a girl I like but doesn't know but might have an idea.anyways if he is still in contact with you that's doesn't mean he likes you but it means he's trying because I do the same thing I text even though I suck at it I try to talk on the phone suck at that too.but she is still on the hook..so what I sayin is if he's still texting and what not he's still interested because if not he would text back or pretend like he forgot.not saying we all do its just guys don't like to text but if you got him texting its all good signs that you have his attention..remember we try.lol

What Guys Said 1

• Since this guy likes you in some way, whether as a friend or a crush, then he texted you Happy New Year just to be friendly and courteous. If he wanted to show that he was romantically interested in you then he might have added "I love you" or "I wish you could be here with me" to display his romantic interest and affection towards you. I'm not trying to destroy your hopes, but I am not trying to raise them to the sky either. If you truly like this guy then definitely give him a hint or an indication that you really like him and that he should go after you. I hope my advice can help you out somehow or give you some peace of mind! Also, I hope you have a Happy New Year!

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, what's the Q?

• Im not sure what your asking but I always wait for a guy to text me first.