What's your opinion on blind dates/setups??

So I am a single attractive guy. I'm funny and intelligent. I'm not trying to be conceited, those are things I've been told. I do believe those things about myself but I am still very shy and insecure when it comes to meeting women or approaching them. Therefore I am not so great in the dating game. Pretty non-existent actually. Now because of the that, I periodically have been offered to be set up with co-workers' friends or friends of my friends on blind dates. I do appreciate the help, but I can't help but think that that situation is extremely uncomfortable. At least for me. I have little dating experience and one that is a blind date makes me feel even more nervous about an already nervous situation. I feel very uneasy about being thrusted into a one on one situation with a complete stranger. At least in a normal dating situation there's already a certain level of attraction before you go out with them. I feel like I would prefer my coworker to setup a group meeting or something that would allow a meeting but not be so intense. Maybe that is too cowardly but I don't want to take some girl who I've never even seen to dinner or out and be stuck there.

Are blind dates or set ups a good idea? Should I try to get something set up that isn't so immediately intimate?

1|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• i would give it a shot if my friends set me up but I have terrible luck in relationships and dating so I don't know if it would go past a first date. guys tend not to want to date me but I think I'm reasonably nice and attractive because I have some good guy friends and I get creeped on in the college town nearby :/

0|0
    0|0
    • Well in this situation it is a coworker trying to set me up. They are nice and I have been to some happy hours with her, but I don't know if I can really trust her judgment on what would be a good fit for me.

• IMO unless you are really really uncomfortable with the situation always go on a first date, just for an adventure. even if it crashes and burns it's experience. that's just how I approach things though. I try to give people a shot as much as possible. I would go for it

What Girls Said 2

• Halfway through your post I was going to suggest a less intimate setting with more people, so I'm glad you already thought of it. It's not cowardly. In fact, I think it's the best thing you could be doing to improve your love life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i think they could be good sometimes but other times I think they can be a complete disaster I really think it all depends on who the blind date is and if you can relate to them or not but at least it get you out there.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• People that know you and the date are too involved imho. It's usually their egotistical reasoning of why you and someone else would look good together that screws you over...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been set up with a few people before. All turned out bad, even was set up with a cousin once.

0|0
    0|0
    • Was it the situation alone that made it bad or just the people you were set up with?

• The people, had nothing in common with them. People think "she is single, he is single, it should be a perfect match up"