Would you date a baby daddy?

i really like this guy. I'm 18 and he's 19. thing is, he has a 4 year old daughter. I already love her and he has full custody over her, but I don't know if I wanna get involved in like, a family! its so much drama. also, him and baby momma dated for like 5 years before! I don't know her, but a lot of my friends do and apparently she is crazy. and he said he was completely done with her, but I'm still kinda scared. help please!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really like the guy and adore his daughter then go for it, just know that he may want to see you in more of a mother role to his daughter. Like a glorified baby sitter. Helping her get ready for preschool, dressing her, that sort of thing. There might also be some tension since he's a single father and I can't imagine that being easy.

Really, it all comes down to how you feel about the situation. If you feel you are too young to get involved in this sort of situation (totally understandable) then you may want to reconsider. You could try it for awhile and see what happens. You aren't obligated in anyway to keep seeing him right?

Personally I wouldn't be interested in this sort of set up when I was 18 but that's me. Maybe just try it for awhile and see how you still feel about it?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• scared of what?

to me its sounds like you are perfect together!

<3 I think that you should just get involved with them

• Wow. I'm 33 and in a similar situation. It is just entirely more complicated than dating someone else who's single. Maybe it's a little harder to trust in this situation, because so much more is at stake, like you said, a family. And you have to trust the guy, and pretty much his ex girlfriend too. I feel I am okay handling a situation like this because I have my education and career and actually want to settle down with a family. Sweetie, you are really, really young. I think you should just experience life and have fun. He might hold you back. If you really like him, keep him in your life, and you never know what will happen. Just don't get too deep and serious for now. Best of luck to you all!

• single fathers aren't bad, damn that's early in life to have a kid, the only thing to worry about is if the biological mother is wanting to get back with him because she can make it hell on earth

• go out with him. you lik him love his kid and he hates his ex. I don't see the problem.