Why can't I get a date?

I’m not butt ugly or anything and I try to lower my standards. What the hell? I really want one! It hurts so much. All my friends have bfs, particularly one. Lets call her kimmy. She constahow she’s about how she’s getting married in two years to her boyfriend and they’ve talked about marriage etc. And she got out of relationship and had a line-up of suitors she claims wanted to commit to her. WTF is wrong with me. I honestly think she makes me feel like sh*t. And she indirectly mocked me for being a virgin with another friend. I don’t know what to do. Like I try to put myself out there but nothing really happens. Does anyone else feel like this or is it only me. I’m 21 an no relationship experienc

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, with friends like that, who needs enemies? Replace this girl you call Kimmy with someone else that has a better attitude, personality, and less shallow. The only way you're going to get any dating or relationship experience is to make yourself available. Go out and do things with others. Have fun, talk, laugh, flirt.

So you're a virgin at 21. Big deal. It's easier for girls to lose it than guys. Especially after guys turn 25. Girls can lose it whenever they find the right guy, because the woman chooses her mate from all the other guys. So you can lose it, or you can save it for marriage, and give it to your future husband. He will like that very much.

Make new friends converse with guys, be approachable, be friendly. Lose any sense of bitchiness or a stuck up materialistic attitude, and good things will begin to happen. Most women either have really high standards, or are sluts (like Kimmy who was telling you she had guys lined up). Don't go the slut route, but lower your standards some. like to a 7 or something, Give guys a chance to show you who they really are. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 5

• maybe you should stop trying to hard, I mean I had no luck in trying to find dates when I'm looking, but when you stop and start to enjoy yourself you come across in a different light and someones bound to spot you, or take attention when you ask them, maybe its different for me because I'm a guy.

• Stop giving a second thought to Kimmy, she has nothing to do with you.

I'd suggest a dating site. Even if just to build confidence. When guys know you're looking they're more open.

• I can help.

• Weight and height?

• 5 feet 7 and I weigh 165 lbs

• I know. But that can't be the only reason why. There are girls that are fatter than me that have bfs. I'm kind of tall so I don't look too overweight.

• I'm just suggesting you shore up as many things that you're capable of changing.

• I know exactly how you feel. Never had a girlfriend or had sex and I'm in college, and everyone is constantly getting together, breaking up, having sex, and I can't figure out how to even get a girl to notice me...

What Girls Said 2

• When someone has to brag like that about their love life, it's usually not as great as they're making it seem. So she has a guy talking marriage with her, big deal? I have loads of friends who brag that their boyfriends' are talking marriage with them. And those same boyfriends are the ones I see cheating, taking for granted, and being emotionally/physically abusive too. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. A girl in a good relationship with a man she loves doesn't feel the need to brag to make others feel bad. Most likely, he doesn't treat he that great, and she doesn't like him as much as she lets on. Some girls play up the idea of marriage so much that they begin to settle for any guy who will give it to them.

As for your love life it's hard to say without seeing or knowing you. It could be that you're not taking care of your appearance, it could be a lack of confidence, you may be coming across as standoffish, and it also may be as simple as not getting out in places where you can meet guys.

• Umm don't worry about her. I'm sure thre isnothing wrong with you, she's just making you feel bad, don't lower yourself because you may get into something you may not like. Good things come to those who wait. :)