Why do rebounds not work?

I know that everyone says rebounds almost never workout and I am just wondering why exactly that is. I have ideas as to why, but I think people who have actually gone through a rebound might know a lot better than I do about it. Any rebounders out there that care to explain? Much appreciated.

I mentioned a personal story in one of the comments below which lead me to this question that also has to do with rebounding. What happens when 2 people rebound on each other? Like both of the people are getting out of relationships and rush into things.
I must not have hit submit on that story below in the comments, oops. Well long story short, my ex got this new boyfriend within a week of breaking up with me and she told me he just got out of a 2 year relationship, so obviously it is a double rebound.

Most Helpful Girl

• A rebound relationship is not the same as a first relationship after a break up. In some cases, a first relationship after a break up does work out, regardless of how soon or how long it was after the break up.

A rebound relationship is where someone goes to another person simply for the attention and for the caring. A rebound relationship usually doesn't work because the relationship is only to make one feel good. A genuine relationship is when both people care about each other, not when one person (or both people) just want to feel cared for or loved.

Sometimes, your first relationship after a break up happens very soon, but you can distinguish it by whether you truly have feelings for this other person, or whether you just like how she or he cares for you.

What Girls Said 3

• I have definitely had a rebound, it was when I broke up with my first love, and everyone told me "You need to get back out there its the only way to get over them" which is soooo untrue. Anywho, I started dating this guy about a month after me and my first love broke up, well I wasn't over him in the slightest, I never gave myself that time, so while I was dating this new guy, my first love was always in the back of my mind. I compared EVERYTHING with those two, and because they were two different people, nothing the new guy did was ever good enough. Basically I dated the new guy on and off (and I really mean on and off like two weeks on two weeks off type deal lol) for nine months. And in those nine months, I realized I was only with this new guy so I wasn't so lonely, I couldn't be alone, and that is sooo not a good thing. You have to be happy with yourself again before you can be happy with anyone else, as cheesy filled as that may sound, its so true. So now years have past and I'm getting over yet ANOTHER break up, beauty, lol, but anyways, this time I'm taking that time for myself, to do the things I want to do, I've joined dance again which takes up a lot of my time, and I'm working on just being happy with being alone, its a long process, but I know I'm going to get there. Its been four months since the split and I haven't even been on a date yet! Like zero, nothing! But I'm happier in this break-up compared to the ones prior, because I'm not substituting someone for the one I lost, which is EXACTLY what a rebound is. Make sense?

• I think the reason most rebounds don't work is because the person on the rebound isn't really over their former partner and therefore can't or won't give them full selves (emotionally atleast) to their new partner... sometimes theyre just using the new partner to make the old one jealous, or hope that in the mean time the old partner will change their mind etc.. its not a very fair situation to be in most times because the new partner is more into you then you are them, so naturally feelings are going to be hurt... best to get over the person first then to rebound into the arms of another...

• My wife who left with my two children last month came back after dr.marnish@yahoo.com cast a love spell for me, things are going great in my marriage life now. . I’m glad she came back to me after the break up with her because I love her from the bottom of my heart, but without dr.marnish things would have been so difficult for me but thanks to dr.marnish for doing this for me, making me and my lover to leave in peace again

this is the first time I am using the service of a spell caster and even if I was a bit skeptical at first, I highly recommend his service to people like me who need an extra help.It felt good to have my lover back. I never crossed my arms waiting for her to come on her own

freebird from US North Carolina Mountains

What Guys Said 0