Girls, you are on a first date with a guy?

45 minutes later, You are bored and he is too nervous. You are sensing a bit of insincerity from him but you are not sure, it could be the nervousness. Bottom line is, you aren't having any fun. In the middle of your meal you go to the bathroom and on your way you meet an old friend from high school at the bar. He is charming, sexy and funny, he flirts with you. He tells you that he is on his way to a party and offers you to join him.

What do you do and why? Explain

• Ditch your date and accept your friend's offer (up to you how to do that but it has to be in 5 mins-explain)
  • Stay with your date and give him a second chance

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd tell my old friend that it's good to see him, but I'm on a date at the moment. If he wants to text me the address I might be able to meet him there later, or we can always hang out some other time. If he's a friend he probably has my number, and I'd have his. Anyway, I think it's rude to ditch someone, so I wouldn't do that.

What Girls Said 10

• Stay with the date because it's totally rude to just leave in the middle of it even if you're not necessarily hitting it off. Besides, it might get better you never know. I'll admit, I'd probably get the old friend from high school's number or give him mine so we could text and maybe hang out another night.

• I would finish the date, don't extend it, and then afterward, go out with my friend. However, everyone is nervous on the first date, so it would be such a b*tch move to leave and not give him a chance. Do you think that will help his nervousness the next time?

• I would say no, I would make conversation with my date.. Even if he was nervous! It would be wrong of me to just ditch my date, not something people should do anyway. But yeah I would stay with the date, I can understand if he's nervous.. We all get nervous at some point on a date, I would try to make him comfortable with me. :)

• i'd make sure the date ends early then go out with my friend

• I wouldn't just ditch someone. I would either...

a) Tell my old friend from high school that I was on a date, find out where the party was and go by later if the date didn't start getting better.

b) Ask my old friend if he would mind if me and my date both go to the party. (Hopefully my date would loosen up in a different atmosphere)

c) Tell my old friend I just can't make it because I'm on a date.

• i'd tell the old friend I was on a date and ask if I could catch you another time.. I'd never ditch a 1st date just because it might be going badly.. that's rude.

• I would HAVE to let the guy that I was on a date know that it wasn't going to work out. Then go with Mr. Sexy :). If I couldn't let the guy know I wouldn't go with Mr. Sexy, but I would get his number.

• It's the first date. Most of the time the guy is just plain nervous. I would say, "Sorry, I'm kind of on a date right now, but maybe we could go grab coffe later?" I would give the guy a second chance. First dates don't prove everything.

• I'd stay with my date-EVEN THOUGH I'd LOVE to go with other guy.

But that's just me:)

• We're all nervous on the first date, don't up too quickly :)

What Guys Said 0