Do guys like if the girl goes in for the kiss first?

Or would they rather be the one going for it? I'm just unsure because sometimes I feel like I should but I'm afraid he wold pull away and be like what are you doing? I don't want to look stupid..

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if it makes you feel any better, yes, guys do like it. There are a lot of scenarios where it would be perfectly fine. It's flattering, in some cases even an ego boost. So it's pretty acceptable in general.

Now the main reasons he might pull away is if he's not really into you, or if he turns out to be dating someone else. Still, I wanna be clear on something. You're not an idiot for taking a chance on someone. You won't look like an idiot for trying. If it doesn't work out, remember that it's not necessarily your fault. Sure it might be a little awkward at first, but I don't think it's going to ruin anything if he's a good guy.

I say go for it. Guys like it. It's really cool of you to try, not to mention brave. So all in all, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Go get him tigress.

What Guys Said 6

• It probably depends if he likes you or not; but, I can tell you my very first kiss I leaned in to kiss her slowly (there was obvious mutual liking) and we were on a date. Before I reached her lips She jumped on me and kissed me, it FREAKED the EFF out of me but it felt so good! I was so freaked out I didn't kiss her back, then I kissed her and she kissed me back. She apologized after but I really really liked it, she was the quiet shy and anxious type so it was really unexpected but I can tell you as a guy I loved it.

HOWEVER, IF you try to kiss him though and he has no idea what you're doing or doesn't like you that way, he could freak out but if your sure he likes you. Why not try it in a romantic setting?

I never felt like I looked stupid, at first (after first kissing) sometimes my girlfriend would pull away because she felt like I was being far-to affectionate in public which she didn't like but she would sigh and kiss me back nearly a minute after anyway.

• No! that's the guys job. Don't ever go for the first kiss.. seriously. Don't do it. Its he who should take the risk. Its a symbol of how much he cares. that means he should care about you enough to make a fool of himself :p

• i know I do

• I do.

• most guys will be fine with it and even welcome it. not sure you would recive too much argument agaisnt it from here

• yeah you might look stupid but I like it ...

What Girls Said 2

• i do it all the time

• I will tell you my experience with this.

I went in for the first kiss and he pulled away for a split second and then had a 'what the hell am I doing' moment and grabbed me and started kissing me. It was really cute. I know I just threw him off since he was so used to always having to make the first move with his exes.