Why does the guy always have to be the one to lead the relationship? Be the leader in the relationship,

the dominant one, is always in control, seriously, isn't it enough that we guys approached you first, made the first move and asked you out? Seriously, why does the guy always have to lead?

Seriously, why is it part of being a Man, why does life, society, culture, have all of these stupid gender roles? why is it the Masculine thing to do? who or what said so?

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't need to, not with me at least. That's usually not the way either of us like it. I'd say find a girl who wants to share the control and stand next to you rather than behind you. I'm a feminist though, which many guys find off-putting, but it does mean that I believe in 50/50 relationships and don't follow or encourage gender roles.

• yeah that's how I like it

• Good, well there are girls out there who like it that way too. Hopefully you meet some.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know but I'd like the leading role...but it would emasculate my boyfriend who thinks it his role as a man to do this job :s.

• alot of guys like to be in control of the relationship. I personally would like a change for once and to lead a relationship. women hate gender roles to. although women like the feeling of being protected and cared for

What Guys Said 4

• You might want to consider gender reassignment or perhaps stepping in the ladies role and dating another man, preferably a bear.

• yeah tell me about it, pisses me off, seriously, that's why girls have it easier in dating and relationships

• this just makes me want to explode!

• I'm not trying to offend but it sounds to me like you are afraid of being rejected and don't want the responsibility of the situation, which could potentially lead to failure, to rest on your shoulders. Because if it isn't then it makes it easy to always blame someone else for OUR OWN failures.How do I know this? From experience...that is until I decided to grow a pair and accept responsibility for my actions and know that failure does not mean game over. Do the same, the world won't end I promise you.