What is your reaction upon learning that two people met via online dating?

Be honest here because I am very surprised at the amount of people that have reacted with an awkward expression when I tell them where me and my boyfriend met. I don't like lying to people and I feel like being in the year 2012 it should not be as taboo as it once was so I am very open and not ashamed to tell the truth. The reactions do bother me and I've noticed that they bother my boyfriend too. I have been doing it for about 5 years now and the guys I went on dates with were all very decent and nice guys who were simply not into meeting a girl at a bar/club and their busy schedules did not allow for much socializing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried online dating for awhile and it only caused me drama. The guys I met were relatively nice, but it didn't work out for the weirdest and most overdramatic of reasons.

I think it is adorable when I find out a couple met online, but I know my family would find it extremely odd if I met a guy online. They didn't know about me doing online dating before.

What Guys Said 1

• I know several people who married people they met online. Not all of them worked out, but that is just as true for people who meet other places. I would be surprised if anyone under 60 acted negatively about it.

What Girls Said 3

• its fine with me I have no problime with it and I know how to deal with creeps that have tried to chat me up to so its all good but some dating web sights I don't trust because of the way they are set up

• I met my boyfriend online. I am all for it. This isn't my first boyfriend I have met online either. And some of the relationships work out while others don't. It just depends on the people that are doing it and who they find.

• I think it's awesome. I met my boyfriend online.