How long does it take to get anwsers? Online dating sites.

Question how many replies on online dating sits do I have to make be for a girl well answers? I have put no kidding 200 replies last month, and have never hear back. I never say any thing stupid I just send hi I am mike you sound nice would you care to chat I am losing hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really varies widely depending on the people you message. Some people are not that serious about online dating so they just make a profile and forget about it. While others take it more seriously and actually message back. Plus most of the people on there have other things they have to do like work, school, kids, etc... that might keep them from checking their messages very often.

Best thing to do is keep sending out messages. But I would recommend you stop putting "I am losing hope" at the end of your messages. It makes you sound desperate and that scares away a lot of people.

Also, grammar and punctuation count. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. If I saw a guys profile or messages and I couldn't understand what they were saying, it would deter me from replying or sending a message. I know not everyone is a good speller, but have someone read over what you write to fix that problem.

It doesn't have to be amazingly perfect, but I seriously have gotten messages from people that were unreadable because they used so many abbreviations and text talk. So avoid abbreviations and text talk as much as possible. Lol and ttyls are fine, stuff like that is widely used and most people know what it is. But using less common ones should be avoided.

From what you have written here it looks like you won't have that problem. Also in your messages, maybe mention something from their profile, that shows you actually read the profile and are making an honest effort.

People are not going to know you sent out 200 messages, but if you send a message that has some details that showed you actually took the time, it will set you apart and hopefully give you some success.

Online dating can be frustrating, but don't give up all hope. It does take time, it took me 8 months to meet my current boyfriend. Don't be afraid to try other dating methods. Also go on the message boards if there is one for your site, and ask for advice, and talk to people. Sometimes they arrange meet ups and events. Get involved with those, they are a great way to meet people and socialize!

• whan said I am loseing hope it ment in dating. I never respond saying I am loseing hope.

who I respond to is women no younger then 25 and no older then 33 I am 34. I can't date any one older then me I try to contact women thet are OK look or just a little below OK looking white girls.

• That's probably why it might take you longer. People that age may have already been married, in a serious relationship or have kids. So they have a bit of a different perspective on relationships and dating. I would just try to be patient, you will find someone it just takes a while. It took me about 8 months to meet my boyfriend. So it can take a long time, but it's worth it if you find someone who is a good quality person and is a good match. Don't be afraid to join more than one site either!

What Girls Said 5

• I met my boyfriend on a dating site (pof.com since it's free) and all I said to guys were "Hi, I was looking at your profile and I like what I saw (or we have quite a bit in common), you would you like to talk?"

I used pretty much the same one for every guy unless there was something on his profile I was really interested in. Also, it may be your profile or your picture they don't like. Use a nice clean cut picture where you look your best in (current with NO ONE else in it) also take a look at your profile. Did you make a novel of things you like or your personality? Because if it's not broken down, simple but to the point, and short, then I never bothered reading it because I feel like I'm wasting my time. Also, it gives me no room to learn about him if I know everything now.

I revised my uncle's for him to these standards and he got better hits. Also don't be so picky, pick people that you have at least in common with, you may fall in love with their looks later :)

• Not to be rude but if your messages are anything like your first sentence I can see how that could be a problem. Other than that, I guess it just depends on the type of person you're trying to get in touch with. If you're limiting yourself to only one type of woman (level of attractiveness, age range, etc.) that could be a problem.

You're question is a little vague; perhaps you should add some details about yourself and explain to them why you're interested in talking to them. I think if you do that and just stay calm and keep positive you will eventually get a reply.

From personal experience, I would read someone's message and forget about it, not check the site often or ignore messages I thought were unoriginal and/or creepy.

Anyway, good luck and I apologize if I'm not much help. Haven't been to bed yet. xD

• Look I'm going to be very honest with you. You seem like a nice guy, but from your profile pic you are a bigger guy. You should focus on yourself for a while, not finding a girl, and take care of yourself and get active and lose some weight.

Dating sites are competitive. Everyone wants to find the best match possible. Girls want a guy who takes care of his body. We don't want to worry about the guy were seeing having health problems in the future and we want someone who takes as much pride in his appearance as we do. And we can't be attracted to someone who is too big especially when we aren't close friends with him for a long time.

And don't ever say desperate things like you're losing hope.

• thats not really fair I have seen and know guys that are much much bigger then me that have hot girl friends wifes I don't even go after hot girls I am not going to waste my time I go for OK looking or just below OK looking no younder then 25 and no older then 33 I never say I am loseing hope in my emails as for what I ment I am loseing hope that ill ever meat any one

• usually it's instnatly

• You send out two hundred and every other guy is sending out 200 and there are more guys then girls on dating sites. It's going to take a while.

What Guys Said 2

• A day or two, or its not happening.

Have someone review your profile if you haven't. And if you don't put punctuation in the messages, you might want to try that.

• Wait, you told them you are losing hope? Or did you just type that without punctuation?