What would be worse: Ignoring a text or a mean response?

What would be more hurtful to receive from someone you texted...No response or a mean response?

My ex texted me last night and I'm debating how to handle it.

• Ignore
  • Mean Response

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignoring is worse. A mean response is hurtful, but it still shows you care enough to respond. Completely ignoring him doesn't validate his existence at all. It truly shows you don't give a f***

What Guys Said 1

• been ignored is the worst feeling in the whole f***ing world

What Girls Said 3

• I mean for me, a mean text is worse. Ignoring it shows how your feeling without wasting time trying to get your feelings out over text. You will probably have to see this person, and talk to them IN PERSON, which is much better than text because there are no miscommunications. Also, if you ignore it, and then come back to it later, you will have a clearer head. Then maybe you can call him.

• For some people ignoring is better rather than receiving mean response but for me I rather receive it.At least he wants to reply and care about what I said.

• Ignoring is completely worse because you know the person recieved the text, but didn't care enough to text back.