How can I stop being shy to become confident?

When it comes to dating, or talking to a girl I like, I am a very shy guy, but I'm tired of that, I want to change, Anyone can give me some advice on how to become confident?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) When you get in contact with a girl, think about that she might be as nervous as you are. Somebody have to make a good time for you two :D.

2) With ability comes confidence naturally. So practice communicating with them. Practice it. Don't worry abut being bad at first. It will improve. Do it in scenarios that are more comfortable for you. So perhaps with somebody you don't like or your baby sister.

3) When you get too nervous view this girl as baby sister. Shy guys tend to think that she is always right and that one should do as she says so you have a chance. This is not true. Girls like men who does good to them, but not those who will only comply with what she says. So listen to what she has to say, but have your own opinions as well. And when she attacks you, verbally don't fight back. Think about her as your baby sister. If baby sister hits you, because you won't let her use knife, you don't hit back! You wait until she calms down and do something nice for her anyway. Of course still without letting her use the knife. If you know you are right stand your ground without a fight. There is nothing she can do to you. If you believe there is nothing, there will be nothing. You will get amazed that you are no servant to any girl but a partner and your confidence will fly in the sky.

What Girls Said 4

• Just be yourself. Problem solved!

• don't think. when you want to do or say something, just do or say it. don't think. the more you think, the more you're going to talk yourself out of it. for sure, this is going to be hard to do but you just have to push yourself past your limits. start small. say hi to the person you sit next to in class, answer a question in class, etc

• at first don't think about it to much just treat her like you would any one else. don't make yourself ask her out or give yourself a dead line because that will just make it awkward just be yourself and let what happens happen

• Walk with your head up and just be more outgoing with people, don't be scared of approaching people talk to them interact with them.

What Guys Said 2

• The NUMBER ONE THING that helped me...

...

...is to see females as ppl, just like you.

They're just as sexual as you. They get butterflies around guys like you do around girls. They pee and poop. Their breath smells bad when they wake up. They sweat just like you. They get sick just like you.

Pardon me for being graphic...but you get my point.

Why be overly afraid of another human being?

Once you embrace that, you'll talk to them like ppl, not dieties to be worshipped / impressed, then your confidence will skyrocket. :)

• Stop caring. Nice guys finish dead last. Stop apologizing or saying "that's OK" as much as you can.

By all means, don't just go up to someone and be the aggressor, but you have to harden yourself against emotion and apathy.