Might I see you again?

He texted "might I see you again?" How should I respond? Why did he use "might" instead of I can or will?

Yeah probably I am overanalyzing...but the last two dates he canceled, stating he got called in to work.
And no he is not British...but I hope he is just trying to be polite without appearing aggressive

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Stop overnalyzing it. jesus lol

Just say "Lets meet for lunch tomorrow?'

• I hope so. When are you available?

What Girls Said 5

• omg the other comments are so hilarious yet surprisingly true. that's a bummer that he cancelled out on you the last 2 dates you had planned. I'd totally make plans to hook up with him and find out whether he's worth it or not or "might" he be worth it or not :o)

• It's the same as " can I ?"

• Because he uses proper grammar. It's not the end of the world.

• Very helpful answer...get lost

• Ouch. Stop overanalyzing things & just go with the flow a bit. He was being polite. Perhaps you should try it.

• It's just a different way of asking the same thing.. And it shows he has at least some concept of grammar.

Don't read so much into it and just answer the question.

• Yeah, you seem like you're over-analzying it. He just used a different word.